cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the Voicemail from my phone

Deafman196823
Grafter

Remove the Voicemail from my phone

I keep getting voicemails on my phone daily and I have to say that I am hearing impaired and I do not make or take calls. 

Remove the voicemail and bar all future voicemails to my phone right now.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps text edited as per Forum rules.

11 REPLIES 11
Deafman196823
Grafter

Re: Remove the Voicemail from my phone

why is there no reply on removing voicemails from my phone and to block all future voicemails?????  I have tried doing this myself but to no avail!!

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

You don't say whether you have looked in the help and support section? I have and without wasting more time, I couldn't find any help on how to disable or enable voicemail. Maybe there is something on what to do? If so, it's well hidden!

Sorry, can't help you.

I use two mobile poviders, not Plusnet, and with both it's just an easy matter of phoning a free number, on the relevant mobile phone, to turn off and/or on voicemail, record a welcome message, read/delete messages etc.. One of them use the EE network too.

It can't be that difficult to provide the same function or even a way to turn on or off in your account or their app.?

Deafman196823
Grafter

how can I possibly make calls when I am hearing impaired???  read the topics before answering!!

newagetraveller
Pro

"how can I possibly make calls when I am hearing impaired???  read the topics before answering!!"

Wow, just wow! I didn't suggest you make a call. Only what is possible with my providers.

With an attitude like that, then good luck in your quest.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Deafman196823

Thanks for getting in touch here.

There are a variety of ways you can contact us such as over email on mobile-help@plus.net or you can utilise the next generation text relay service - more info can be found here

Thank you. 

paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you don't use the voice function of your mobile phone at all, then why are you actually worried at all about the voicemail function: just ignore it!

newagetraveller
Pro

Your suggestion/question will not go down well with the o.p., Paul!

With "Remove the voicemail and bar all future voicemails to my phone right now."

I suspect the above was capitalised which reinforces my comment re "attitude". "All caps text edited as per Forum rules."A please would not have taken much effort either.

paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I am deemed to be disabled as, for many years now, I've had hearing aids. I'm also a member of the RNID, and am possibly more aware of the deaf community than many many people are.

One thing that REALLY annoys me is the attitudes of some deaf people. They get angry. They feel the world OWES them something. They often really HATE it when other want to help them.

Personally, I find that BEING NICE to people when you ask for help (or don't actually need help), and a thank you afterwards makes people actually WANT to help.

On the phone front, I'm quite able to use the phone for voice, but IF I were sufficiently deaf, that I couldn't, I'd either just buy a data-only SIM, or simply ignore the voice side of the phone. Don't know about iPhones, but Android is fairly granular in setting up alerts and that sort of thing.... so voicemails could easily be ignored.

Deafman196823
Grafter

No nothing helps and I have closed my Plusnet mobile account but yet I am still charged for it!!  No one told me on how to turn the voicemail off but EE had helped me and I have finally turned the Voicemail off.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I have the same problem. Very annoyed as the voicemail kept popping up my phone every two hours and I couldn't dial it and can't hear how to deleted message! I been asked plusnet to turn off voicemail they did and the problem is voicemail still popping up and you have to listen to it before choose option to deleted all voicemail message before they turn this voicemail disabled!

I asked plusnet to put voicemail back on and my daughter try to listen voicemail but there is none message on it and nothing to deleted it. The pop up are still there are very annoyed and make me angry. I just want this voicemail OFF and disabled for good. I don't want anymore pop up you got voicemail message because I am deaf myself.

can plusnet turn this OFF please

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

updated:  I have rang up plusnet mobile customer service and they are now disabled voicemail service and say take up to two hours for the voicemail to be removed off