cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

96whitingn

Refund

Hi,

I finished my contracts several months ago and am owed a refund but I keep getting an email saying that the credits will apply to the next bills.

Please could this organised to be refunded, as there aren't any bills for them to come off

Thanks for your help

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Refund

Thanks for getting in touch @96whitingn 

I'm happy to look into this for you.

Could you PM me your mobile number, full name, full address and confirm you're the account holder?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jrickman
Hooked

This happened to me too. I ported a plusnet mobile number to a new provider in October, thus ending my mobile contract. I had a final bill dated the end of October showing a credit of £6.37. I too was told in an email that it would be applied to my next bill. I had an online chat and was told a BACS request would be raised and I would receive the refund within 5-10 working days. This was 1st November. It didn't happen. I chased it up again in an online chat on 18th November and they said it hadn't been requested after my initial chat on 1st November and that they would request it again and to wait 5-10 days. It still didn't happen. I have chased them again yesterday (30th November) and have been told I need to a show them a copy of my bank statement to prove I have not received the refund!

When I asked where in the terms and conditions of the contract I agreed to, does it say I have to show my personal financial records to Plusnet. I was told it doesn't say that anywhere. Yet they are insisting they need to see them. I can't believe they even ask!!

I got referred to a manager because I wanted to make a formal complaint. He too, insisted they needed to see my bank statement and when I requested an address to put my complaint in writing, he abruptly ended the online chat.

Today I received an email saying I am £0.00 in credit. On logging into my account they have issued a bill showing additional charges of £6.37 outside of my plan. No details have been given for what these additional charges are for. The usage date for the charges show as 30 October - 29 November, yet the mobile number has been with a different provider since 1st October.

"We'll do you proud". Er, they most definitely don't.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting in touch @jrickman 

I'm sorry to see the issues you've had.

I've added a reply to your earlier post you'd able to view and respond to by going Here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MiniEmma
Dabbler

@jrickman same just happened to me! I have to prove that they haven't paid me!

jrickman
Hooked

When I asked them where in the terms and conditions, and therefore in the contract I agreed to, does it state they are allowed to view my bank statement, they said it doesn't! Their argument was the payment (of £6.37 in my case) shows on their account, but that doesn't mean I've received it or that they sent it to the right person! It's not for a big amount of money but they are defrauding customers by not giving refunds when they are due. And the rude abruptness they end an online chat is not professional. It's so frustrating 😩. Thanks for your reply and good luck! 🤞🏻
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jrickman I apologise for the experience you've had and that you've not received your refund yet. As discussed I'm escalating this directly with our billing team to find out what's happening.

If it is confirmed that the refund was sent to yourself, then to investigate further we would need to see a copy of your bank statement as evidence you've not received it, however you'd be free to redact any confidential or sensitive information.

I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I know more which should be tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jrickman
Hooked

Whilst I appreciate your help in this matter, and regarding showing you my bank statement, please be advised that ALL of my payees are confidential, as are the debit and credit amounts, so will all be blanked out. Also, my bank account number and sort code will not show. Not sure what use it will be to you 🤷🏻‍♀️. Maybe plusnet should show ME their accounts to prove they actually sent the payment to me and I will go into my bank and ask them to look into it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Afternoon @jrickman 

Could you leave this with me to get some clarification on this matter from our billing team first?

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jrickman
Hooked

Hey, that's fine. Take what time you need.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @jrickman

I've messaged you back with more detail.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MiniEmma
Dabbler

@jrickman have you had any luck with your refund yet?

I sent an email to the ceo email address and got a call a few days later from someone in the ceo office, they took all the details and said they would call me back in 3 days, this was 8 days ago.  I have since received another bill, now showing my account as zero.  They have added a random 'additional charge' equal to the amount they owe me.  "One Off Charge (Zero Tax)"

I have this same issue with 2 different accounts.

jrickman
Hooked

I sent all my info to the ceo in a letter. A few days later, the guy that had been helping me here in the community, Gandalf, said it was out of his hands and that someone would be in touch regarding my actual letter. I was told the bill for £6.37 of 'additional charges out of plan' covering dates that the mobile phone number wasn't even with Plusnet and was with a different provider, was to cancel out the original credit of £6.37. Otherwise every month I would have had an automated email telling my account was £6. 37 in credit.

After all the to-ing and fro-ing with being repeatedly told the refund had been paid and that I'd need to show bank statements to prove otherwise, the latest email said they would post a cheque to cover both account credit amounts. Sending a cheque because by that time I had cancelled my direct debits with plusnet just to be safe.

I don't know what to advise in your case. If you don't hear anything satisfactory, you can report them to the ombudsman, but you have to give plusnet a set number of weeks to try and put it right before contacting the ombudsman about it.

Fingers crossed I get my cheque 🤞🏻
MiniEmma
Dabbler

Hi @jrickman did you ever receive your cheque?  I too was promised a cheque to arrive in 3-5 working days.  This was right before Christmas so I have given it way more than that to compensate for bank holidays but nothing arrived!

The guy on the phone was very pushy with the 'are you happy to accept a cheque in full and final settlement?' asked me to confirm it 'for the tape!'

jrickman
Hooked

Hi. I had an email on 10th December saying a cheque for £10.12 (???) would be sent out. I received a cheque on 2 Jan for £6.37 which is the amount due for ONE of the accounts 🙄.

I was told the reason for the 'extra charges' of the exact same amount I was owed were so that I didn't keep getting an automated email telling me of the amount of credit I had.