Re: logging into my account

FIXED
Dabbler

sorry no this is my account for my mobile phone not broadband

19 REPLIES 19
Dabbler

logging into my account

guys this kind of a weird one, ever since I joined pn I struggle too log onto my account the web page wont open ,yet the community web page I can access easily,,any ideas please. if I log into the community web page then try from there iget the same result it wont open my account web page.????Huh

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It's not that weird, the community logon details are not the same as your Plusnet logon details. Try the password recovery route on the one which doesn't work.
Dabbler

Brownie , thanks for the reply, but its not the log in that's the problem but actual web page for the log in that wont load,, this happens wether I try too load it direct of the net or use the community page too try and access the login in page.i hope that is clear ?.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Can you try a couple of things.

Open a command prompt do the following:

ping www.plus.net

and then

tracert www.plus.net

copy and paste the results here 

are you on fibre or adsl do you know?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Dabbler

Dvorak , many thanks for the reply, I'm not much of a computer buff so not sure how too do what you ask, I'm on fibre b/b with bt,  this problem is only on a web page trying too open a log in page for my account, it doesn't load the page.sorry I know that's not much help .

dvorak

Which account page are you trying to open?

I'm a little confused, thought you were trying to open the PlusNet broadband account page.
Customer / Moderator
Dabbler

sorry for the confusion,  I have saved 2 favorites ,, forum-plus net community  and  welcome back login-plus net -account,  if I open forum plus net and log in everythings ok, if I try too log in too my account for plus net from that page it tries but wont open the login page.  or if I try too open welcome back login page it wont open that page. ive tried other ways in but its a gamble as too when and if it opens the page, I hope this explains it .

dvorak

Fix
can you verify that this is the url you are using

https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/Login.xhtml

that's working for me ok on both a PN and non-PN connection.
Customer / Moderator
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Just wanted to add this so you are aware that the Community / Mobile / Broadband account login pages are all completely seperate systems that do not talk to each other and are hosted on different servers entirely. So while you can login here on the forums, it is in no way related to the mobile login page that Dvorak linked above to access the mobile account pages.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @90505826,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues loading your My Account page. 

The first thing we'd suggest would be to try an alternative browser, if you're still having issues in a different browser then just drop myself or any of the other mobile staff a message and we can look into this further for you. 

Dabbler

Dvorak, thank you for your reply, I used the link you put up and I managed too go straight into the login page, I tried this a few times and only once would it not load of your link, I deleted all the favorite links I had added for plus net and reloaded the one you sent me, its loading properly at the moment, but wont load from the header in the community forum front web page, crazy ha ha, o well I do have a way in and will run with this for the time being, will keep you all in the loop. many thanks paul.

Dabbler

Embarrassed seems like I was a bit previous, the same problem is back again even though I'm using the link that Dvorak posted,, its almost as though the loading stalls when it starts if you leave it for a while it suddenly pops up. ive  change the cookie setting too don't block (didn't change anything), ive used a different acess for the web ( same result), its a pain but I guess I can live with it maybe it will get better!!!.sorry.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

This should be the page you want (That Dvorak linked). It took a bit longer to load than I expected but got there after around 5 seconds on my (Fibre) connection.

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 15.25.18.png

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Dabbler

yes that's the one I have and am using too get too my account,but it wont open at all when I tried it again, left it for a while and now it opens instantly, I'm not really sure why its so randomly not working , everything else I use too open a web page works instantly that includes the community forum for pn. !!