cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Porting over Christmas

FIXED
Suecj

Hi, I gave Plusnet my PAC code and number on 20th December and received an email and text saying it would be done.  I am still waiting for my number to port over.  I messaged you and was told it would happen on 27th. It didn't so I called on 28th and today and it still hasn't happened. Whenever I call I'm told it will happen sometime today!  I have received no text messages about a delay and feel it will never happen now.  I'm getting really fed up with the delay as it has been several working days even allowing for the Christmas break. Very disappointed with the service

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This post has been split into its own thread for better visibility 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear your port is delayed.

The most common reason for this if a delay happens is that we'd be waiting on files from every provider which has ever owned the number. Ports can't successfully complete until the files have been received.

Any outstanding ports are normally tracked and monitored. However I've emailed our operations team to check this.

We'll update you when we know more. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jgfrancis
Grafter

I don't think it's correct that you need files from every provider that's ever held the number.

The only parties involved are the donor of the number, the recipient of the number and the original issuer of the number.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I've received a reply back from our operations team advising that we don't have an update yet and likely won't do until after the bank holiday, but we'll be sure to update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Suecj

Port has finally happended this afternoon, 3rd January, after a lot of messaging and chasing. Took over 5 days excluding Bank Holidays and weekends.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that the port has completed. Thumbs_Up

Apologies for the delay you've encountered.

I'd just like to note again that any outstanding ports are monitored, so no one needs to chase for this to happen, but sometimes I'm afraid it can take some time to complete due to the process we'd go through.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet