cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plusnet Mobile??

Spruance
Grafter

Interesting to find that my enquiry from two years ago about a possible Plusnet Mobile service has now become a reality.

Like other Plusnet customers I have received the pre-registration email but precious little follow up information. Obviously this is all tied in with BT's recent takeover of EE so does the Plusnet Mobile plan in any way resemble the offerings from BT? I seem to recall that BT offer discounts to BT mobile users who also get their landline and calls package from BT. There was also some suggestion of BT somehow linking the mobile phone to the landline calling plan.

With the proposed launch date now only eight days away, there seems to be a dearth of information available almost as though it might not happen if enough people don't express an interest. Hence I would like to see more information on exactly how this will work.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

if you're a PN customer you'll get double data on all plans, bar the special opening offer.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RJM
Rising Star

So, Plusnet customers will not get the £10.00 per month offer?

Is that correct?

Pretty poor show if that is the case.

dvorak

No, that's not correct.

You can have the £10 a month offer, you just don't get double data on it.

Customer / Moderator
neilamartin
Dabbler

That's useful to know, 

dvorak

Sorry, I can't I'm not a staff member so don't have any special knowledge - what I posted was published on the website
Customer / Moderator
neilamartin
Dabbler

Fair enough! Thanks for the acknowledgement, anyway.

Neil

ezman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

The top banner on the mobile landing page has a big splash saying  £10 for 4gb - it then says register interest for an even better deal. is this a mistake? I

soddit
Grafter

I know EE have the WiFi option, Currently on Tesco but the O2 carrier signal is appalling where I live, being able to use a wifi option would be a boon.

This is a question I will have for Mobile, will they be offering a call via wifi option

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As an aside I am on EE with my Samsung S6 but I can't use Call via WiFi because I bought my monthly EE contract and  phone from Carphone warehouse.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
BST
Grafter

Hi, does Plusnet mobile also support 2G, my wife has a Doro 2G phone and the £7.50 package of 1000 minutes and unlimited texts would be ideal for her.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd been looking at the deals from LifeMobile direct which are not 4G and if that didn't matter to you far better value (the basic account is under £5 per month). I rang them and was told they would still be available after the merger - I hope that's true!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
neilamartin
Dabbler

The offer is live now, so perhaps we can get some answers?

1. Will I be able to continue to use EE wifi calling?

2. Will I need to unlock my phone from EE?

3. Will I be able to get Plusnet broadband account holder discounts on more than one mobile number?

We can infer the answer to 3 from the T&Cs, which state that other members of a household benefiting from "mates rates" will have that privilege removed if the household broadband account is terminated. But how about wifi calling and the potential need to unlock the mobile phone from EE?

Thanks in advance, Neil

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@jelv wrote:

I'd been looking at the deals from LifeMobile direct which are not 4G and if that didn't matter to you far better value (the basic account is under £5 per month). I rang them and was told they would still be available after the merger - I hope that's true!

They lied! Angry

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)