cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Non-availability of Data

markh62
Hooked

Like you i have had no data since i joined just before xmas along with my wife as well. Initially i thought it was my phone but then found the forum and various other news items. I have tried all fixes suggested to no avail and im now totally fed up spending time on my laptop trying to find a way forward. At the weekend i received new sims, no suprise.. no data. i have had some communications with plus net in different guises. Some good and others totally inept and exceptionally frustrating.

There are millions of apps across the world, not one can fix this ongoing issue. Too many promises have been made to thousands of people across the country. I had never changed my supplier until now, the meaning of the word PROUD has been changed by plusnet . I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ANYONE WORKING WITHIN THE MOBILE SIDE OF THE COMPANY.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue.

10 REPLIES 10
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Split to it's own topic and title changed for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @markh62

I'm really sorry to hear this has been your experience since joining our Mobile service; it's certainly not something we wish to provide and I honestly hope we're able to turn your experience around. 

I believe this is something we should be able to rectify and I'd certainly like to help along the way. If you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll do all I can to investigate further. -Ashleigh

markh62
Hooked

I received new sim for my phone as well as my wifes. This has not altered the data issue at all. i have done everything other people have suggested from numbers to settings , fly mode, removal of sim, putting in your settings manually. I have spent far too much time on this. My wife is getting increasingly annoyed with me and inability to rectify the problem.

With a sim card reader, the sim operator code is different to the network operator code, surrely they should be the same. i have manually put new apn into the phone. Mobile network is set to plusnet 3g. Data usage is switched , however the screen where it gives you other details on data usage it says it is orange and i am unable to change this. No matter where i am the problem remains the same , so its not to do with coverage.

Hoping, hoping , hoping for fruitful assistance.

Mark Harrison

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Personal data removed from a public forum to a staff area.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@markh62 wrote:

With a sim card reader, the sim operator code is different to the network operator code, surrely they should be the same.  

No, they're different, mine is 23433 & 23430. Have you tried deleting everything but the Plusnet APN?

markh62
Hooked

Tried that to no avail.

Thanks for the suggestion

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Not sure if this will help but just my thoughts...

Talking about Android phones, on some phones, mine included, the default APN’s cannot be deleted unless you have the phone rooted and rooting is not allowed on most phones, well not without a lot of risk to the phones software it’s not.

However with that in mind the default APN’s can be disregarded but not delete so the result is as long as the phone has a PlusNet sim in it, it will always show the Orange APN in the APN list drawer.

Adding the PN APN manually works fine but just bear in mind that the newly installed manual PN APN has to be selected by touching the dot next to that APN with that dot now showing darkened by its selection.

Just jogging my mind as it’s something I’ve done many a time and that is to remember to save the APN after filling in the networks details.

Once that has been done it will take a minute (providing data is turned on) or two to find the best data stream be it 3G or 4G.

Just one more thing with Androids and that’s if your phone is not set to automatically find the mobile network then data will automatically be turned off while a manual search is in progress so will need to be checked that data is turned back on after a network search.

markh62
Hooked

Thanks for those suggestions, have done most of those already.

Ironically my secondary message was a reply to request for details etc from plus net advisor. For the second time in a row no one has got back to me, to help me solve mine and others dilemma . I have also tried my sim in my daughters other phone...surprisingly no data available. So this proves it is not mine or my wifes phone.

Imagine having a washing machine and the drying side doesnt work. Its ok just hang your clothes on the washing line. The company used to only make fridges, now they do washing machines as well.  I have paid for something that only does two third of the job.

bin
Aspiring Pro

In case you haven't already tried this - remove battery and sim, then hold own power button for a full minute.

Re-assemble. Connect to wifi and wait for date/time etc to sort itself out - any luck?

Daft question - I assume you've tried data away from home in case it's just signal.

May be worth grabbing an EE PAYG sim from Tesco or wherever and seeing if that gives you data - may need a one month pmt but may be worth it to prove once and for all where the fault lies.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@bin He's already ruled out coverage but if anyone else needs to check then the Asda sim is better as you get a few minutes, texts & data on the 50p sim, very useful for testing on the EE network even though it's only 3G.

bin
Aspiring Pro

Interesting rider to this - just for fun I put my PN SIM into my Samsung A3 (purchased new unlocked 2015)

No data! ...hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Put back in HTC 510 - data still ok. This phone was on EE at one time before being passed on to me. Re-initialised several times whilst playing around and paid for unlock.

Shift to old donated ex-3 network HTC C that has not been used for ages - data works after manual APN entry - which it always needs irrespective of carrier.....

Interesting re Asda - next time I'm passing I'll drop in.