cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No customer support

Xaqos

I'm abroad and my phone can't connect on any network on European gsm networks.

More than that, there is no possibility to get in touch with customer service.

With all respect, go on and.... you are the worst service I encountered ever

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Offensive post removed.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm assuming the username is the op's phone number too?

Xaqos

First, I want to apologize for my hard words yesterday. I was really out of my mind after 2 hours when I tried everything to get some network to work on my phone. Was a continuous Network searching... and there was a good signal from more operators.

Regardless of the plastic expression, the reality is that the phone could not be authenticated in any active GSM network, and there were at least 4 active operators, and the Plus NET staff was of no help because you have no way to contact them at such times.

After more restarts, changed the sim into another phone to test, various configurations, from 4G to force 3G, from auto carrier to specific one, finally, after some hours the phone worked in any configurations, from which I conclude that it was a problem of interconnection between operators. The fact confirmed too by a Support team from local Orange mobile branch.

When mobile is down the online/data it's the only way to reach some, and there is no option to find a living person to talk with.

Please tell me, how do you support your customers when call to support it's not an option?

No internal Account support messaging, only a tweeter channel?

I'm sorry but for that, I honestly tell you that it is the weakest support service found in different operators.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Xaqos wrote:

When mobile is down the online/data it's the only way to reach some, and there is no option to find a living person to talk with.

That is a good point and one, which I doubt PN considered when they decided to close live chat. Even without data/ mobile a device may be capable of connecting to wifi. Chat would be extremely helpful in this situation.

Please consider getting the mods to change your username aswe all know your number now.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Xaqos,

We’re prioritising answering customer calls and have decided to close live chat. Customers can now speak to one of our UK based call centres faster than ever, with most calls now being answered in under a minute. We appreciate that some customers can’t call or prefer to contact us online so we’re happy to support through our social help on Facebook and Twitter.

If you experience any further problems, please drop us a private message with the following information:

- Your Mobile Number
 - Your Full Name (And whether or not you're the account holder)
 - Your Full Address (Including Postcode)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"we’re happy to support through our social help on Facebook and Twitter."

Which really is of no comfort to anyone who doesn't use or has no intention of using those platforms!

I know that I'm no longer a customer but the way things have changed doesn't really encourage anyone to return.

I've just used "chat" with my mobile phone provider and it is so useful and easy. Why take the retrograde step and get rid of it?