cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delay in number porting

dave13

I joined Plusnet from Vodafone on Tuesday 23rd January gave them my pac code to port my number six days later I am still waiting for the number to be ported, I have had the pac code for a few weeks  and it expires on the 2nd of February.

All the Plusnet operators I have contacted are quite polite when speaking to them but with no resolution to this issue, can anybody help with this, and if it's not ported by the 2nd Feb. will I lose my original mobile number.

This is my first post so please excuse any mistakes I have made.

Dave

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Moved to the correct board for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

dave13

Thanks for the reply what is the correct place for the post.

I am really new, first ever forum, but hoping for a resolution from some one

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi dave13,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated. 

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete; we don't process ports of a weekend. 

On rare occasions, a port may exceed it's estimated timescale to complete and if this happens, it will automatically be raised with our Operations Team who'll work to resolve this as soon as possible. 

I completely understand the inconvenience and frustration that this has caused you dave13, but I can assure you that if you have been advised that it is with our Operations Team, they will be investigating the issue to find the core root and implement a fix. 

We wouldn't be able to advise of a timescale as to when this will finalise however, when your port is due to complete, you'll receive a text and email confirmation advising of what to do next.

- Rebeka 

dave13

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have changed my phone/network a few times over the years and never had a problem like this, it has been at worst 2 days and at best around 6 hours, but 6 days and still not done is stretching it, the PAC code expires on the 2nd of Feb I hope its done before then as I do not want to lose my original number.

Once again thanks for your reply and concern.

Dave

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dave13,

Just to clear a few bits up for you.

From what you have explained, you joined us on Tuesday 23/01/2018 however, if you have given your PAC on this day, it won't begin to port until your account/SIM is active; this can take anywhere up to 2 working days from the SIM dispatch date. 

When your account/SIM does activate, you'll receive a 'Welcome Email' to indicate this, and a further email advising of confirmation of your port-in; we also don't process ports during a weekend. 

Rest assured dave13, the Team will be working to get you up and running as soon as possible. 

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask away and I'll do my best to help. 

- Rebeka 

dave13

Hi Rebeka,

I requested the PAC number from Vodafone  nearly three weeksago  while when looking for a network to join, when Vodafone supplied it they sent me a text after 2 weeks saying  '' it looks like you have not used the PAC code supplied by us, please be aware this expires on the 2nd Feb. so on the 23rd Jan I chose Plusnet, six days later here I am with a Plusnet number not the one I need, hence the urgency now to get this porting of my original number sorted asap.

Dave

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dave, 

I'd be unable to push through the port, as this is dealt with at a higher network level within our Operations Team. 

Rest assured, your port will have been raised and under investigation. 

- Rebeka