cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I turn off voicemail?

esker
Dabbler

I cannot find a button for creating a new post. 

I want to disable voicemail on my phone with Plusnet mobile.  Other providers enable the customer to activate and deactivate voicemail on the cell phone keypad. Is it possible to do this with my Plusnet service?  (If not, why not?)  What do I have to do to deactivate voicemail please?

17 REPLIES 17
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Split to its ownthread for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi esker!

Thanks for getting in touch! We don't currently support a featured short code number that will enable you to activate or deactivate your Voicemail service via your keypad however, you may be able to activate or deactivate this via the settings tab on your handset.

Alternatively, if you drop me a Private Message, I can disable this on the system at our end. 

- Rebeka Smiley

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

this is also worth a read - specially the bit about 7 rings https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Voicemail-quot-OFF-quot/td-p/1403636

esker
Dabbler

Thanks for reply Rebekah,

How do I send you a private message?  Not only can I not find a 'post a new thread' feature, a pm button isn't immediately visible either. Advice gratefully received.

You mention the possibility of using my settings to turn off voicemail. Is this both an Android and iOS feature? Where in setings is it to be found? Otherwise, please tell me how to send you a private message.

Many thanks.

E

Mav
Fixes: 514

@esker

If you click on Rebekah's name or avatar her profile will open. From there you should see a Send Private Message button (you may have to scroll down).

Edit: To start a new thread you need to be on the home page of the board you wish to post in.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

esker
Dabbler

Thanks Mav. I guess I'll get used to this site design, even though it's not an intuitive one.

E

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi esker!

The option to enable or disable the Voicemail service via the handset, is entirely handset dependant, and depends upon the make and model. 

You can send me a PM by clicking on my name, which will then take you to my profile - here you'll see a 'Send Private Message' tab. 

- Rebeka Smiley

Tallguy
Hooked

Hate voicemail but apparently need to make a post to allow me to send a PM requesting it be disabled. So feel free to ignore this reply Smiley

esker
Dabbler

Hi Tall Guy,

Appreciate your message. I resorted to phoning PlusNet Mobile in the end because it was a more straightforward and quicker process. Personal messages seemed to work one way only. Mine were 'lost' in their system' so were not dealt with. For me, in this case, the forum was a waste of my time.

E

Roll_eyes

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi esker!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear your query wasn't picked up via Private Message, our agents cannot always reply instantly via community due to staff timetables etc.. We do advise to call up on 500 free from your SIM or catch us on our Live Chat, if this is more convenient for you. However, once the agent you have messaged is back in the office, this will always be picked up and responded to.

Can I just ask, which staff member it was that you sent a Private Message to? As we would like to chase this up and deal with this accordingly. - Thanks for the feedback!

- Rebeka Smiley

esker
Dabbler

Hi RebeKa,

Your sent your template standard reply previously.

My unsuccessful private messaging process was with you.

I hope Tall Guy fares better.

Regards,

E

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi esker,

I have just checked my messages and I can see that you messaged me on the 31-08-2017 regarding your issue. I replied the same day asking for security information to access the account, from which I received no response. However, I recieved a further message from you on ‎the 01-09-2017, in which you queried as to why I did not answer your initial question the previous day; from your post, I'm assuming you didn't receive this. 

I did not respond to this message until the 18-09-2017, as I was on leave away from the office. I can see you replied this day also advising your query was resolved. 

I then replied the same day, to advise that I did not receive any response to the message I sent on 31-08-2017, asking for security to access the account. 

I'm sorry for any confusion caused esker, but we do need to pass security in order to access an account, and we do advise that if you require an instant response, to contact us by calling or via our online Live Chat. 

We do endeavour to answer all queries via community as quickly as possible. 

- Rebeka 

esker
Dabbler

Rebeka,

I reply to all emails and messages I receive.

The matter was very satisfactorily and securely resolved via the call centre.

E

Tallguy
Hooked

Hi Esker,

Thanks for the reply and tip! I've only just joined, so can't say anything apart from Rebeka has been in touch to request some account security info, so that she can help with my request. Which is all I could ask for from her at this stage.

I was surprised that we couldn't change most things ourselves in the my account page or by shortcodes though. It does seem like they want you to phone/contact them for stuff that most other providers let you do for yourself.