Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding moving to EE

picbits
Rising Star

Question regarding moving to EE

Slightly complicated this one ...

I took out a mobile contract in 2019 for my mother who at the time was not able to do this herself due to health issues (thanksfully resolved). She's been using this contract and has been perfectly happy until the announcement of the closure of this service.

She's contacted PN / EE to see if she can take advantage of the £6 / month offer but been told that I have to take it up on her behalf and then transfer the contract to her three months later. This isn't a problem apart from the possible / probable credit check on my footprint which again, isn't so much of a problem as an annoyance.

Is it possible for me to transfer the current contract to her now and then she can then take up the offer from EE ?

There are comparable / better deals out there if she was to take out a new contract with an alternative provider and just port over her number via PAC but she's currently fairly adamant that she wants to stay with EE / PN. I'm currently with PN for my home phone and broadband and it would be good to get her her own account for the mobile side of things.

What options can you give at the moment ?

Cheers

Dom

2 REPLIES 2
pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Question regarding moving to EE

In your case I would go directly to EE. Obtain the deals code from PN on her number, then simply use it to purchase the £6 deal under her name on the EE website, then transfer the number over to EE (or you can do it at any time later).

In my experience, the codes are not tied to the PN contract or any personal data, they merely unlock the deals on the EE website, and you can even use them to purchase EE deal at a later time while not being on PN anymore (I did that, went from PN to Virgin first, then to EE).

That way your mother will be registered on the EE plan under her name etc.

Just make sure after you get the sim from EE that they had applied the discounts correctly, in my case I had 2 SIMs and one of them ended up on their £23 deal, I had to speak to them twice.

Regarding transfer through PN, I can't comment on that but since they told you that you would have to wait to transfer it to her, it seems to me that going direct is a simpler process.

picbits
Rising Star

Re: Question regarding moving to EE

Well no reply from Plusnet so my mum ended up moving away from PN / EE. Shame really as she'd have happily signed up given an easier route but hey ho.