Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query re 2nd mobile a/c

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Query re 2nd mobile a/c

I currently have a Plusnet mobile a/c (with broadband & home phone). I want my wife to use the smartphone whilst I continue to pay the monthly bill. I plan to buy a new iPhone for my use with Plusnet mobile. I currently have an ancient basic mobile on a PAYG a/c with O2. I plan to terminate this O2 a/c and do not wish to retain the number. Is there a particular procedure I have to follow to achieve this plan?

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Query re 2nd mobile a/c

Hi there,

Just to make sure I’ve understood. You’ve currently got one Plusnet mobile number and one O2 number, and you’re wanting to sign up for a second/different Plusnet mobile number and cease your O2 service?

If that’s the case, text STAC to 75075 from your O2 mobile and provide us with the code they’ll send you when you sign up for your second Plusnet mobile account. 

We’ll then cancel your O2 number for you when we’ve activated our number. There’s more detail here > https://www.plus.net/mobile/discover/text-to-switch and https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/transferring-your-mobile-service/ but feel free to let me know if you’ve got further queries and I’ll be happy to help. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Query re 2nd mobile a/c

currently have an ancient basic mobile on a PAYG a/c with O2. I plan to terminate this O2 a/c and do not wish to retain the number. I

If its a payg account and you don't want to retain the number , then you don't really need to do anything with that account. If you cancel it then you will lose any credit remaining. Just leave it as is, it will expire automatically if not used for 6 months.

As regards the new iPhone, just order a new sim from plusnet when you have it

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.