Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Monthly SIM Only Deal For Family Member

FIXED
Sheng

Purchasing Monthly SIM Only Deal For Family Member

Hi,

I have just purchased a monthly SIM only deal for myself (the current £6 pm for 2gig/1500min/unlimited txt one) and am awaiting the SIM.

My query is basically that my elderly mother is struggling with a basic pay as you go Vodafone SIM at the moment and I would like to get her the same deal SIM I have obtained as a Xmas present, so she doesn't have to worry about her minutes or texts as now.

My mum isn't too great with the whole process of these things however and I want to buy it and pay the monthly charges myself, so she can just get on with the freedom of using it and not have to think about the rest.

Is that possible for me to do? If so, can I get the same deal on this other SIM while using my same account/bank details, etc - or do I have to use a separate account and/or different bank details (which I do have if required)?

Hope this makes sense, appreciate your help in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Purchasing Monthly SIM Only Deal For Family Member

Fix

Hi @Sheng!

Thanks for getting in touch!

You'll be able to have your mum's account in your own name, no problem Smiley

You'll just need to bear in mind that any mail associated with the account will be delivered to your address.

Also, if your mum needs to contact us about her contract for any reason, we will only be able to speak to her if you have already set her up as a nominee on the account!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here, or send me a private message through my profile!

Thanks

-Oli

Sheng

I think that answers everything Oli, thanks for the prompt and clear response Smiley

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

That's great! You're welcome @Sheng!

Feel free to get in touch with us any time Smiley

Thanks

-Oli