cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Usage

Steve_J_V

Proof of Usage

My first post so please excuse me if I break protocols.

I need to make an insurance claim, having broken the glass on my mobile phone, and I can see a few people have posted with a similar query but I don't see that any have had the issue resolved.

The Insurance company is asking for a "Proof of Usage" document from the network provider(Plusnet) showing the IMEI, first and last dates the phone was used.

I have called Plusnet support to no avail; I didn't get my handset from Plusnet, so they can't provide usage info including IMEI.

Now I'm pretty sure the IMEI number is exchanged with the network at some point, so they must have this information and be able to provide it. Frankly, my insurance is going to be worthless without this document as I'm sure the insurer won't play ball (this is probably what they're banking on).

Any ideas? Has anyone had any success in this department from Plusnet?

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Proof of Usage

Hi @Steve_J_V and welcome to our Community Forums. 

After asking around we should be able to assist you in providing proof for this insurance claim you're making. If you could first of all please drop me a private message with he below information.

In order to pass security on the account can you please confirm your:
-Mobile Number
-Full Name and if you're the account holder
-Full Address
-Last 2 digits of sort code and account number
-Date of birth

I look forwards to hearing from you.

Steve_J_V

Hi Plusnet Help Team - 

Thanks for getting back to me. I was able to contact Swipe insurance early next day, and fortunately they reassured me that the document was not required, they had all the evidence they needed (despite the fact that their policy documentation is full of text confirming the opposite - item not covered if proof of usage is not available etc).

So, my claim is now being processed.

But it is useful to see that you are able to provide this information if necessary, I suggest a little training of your helpdesk staff might be in order as they guy "Richard" I spoke to about this was adamant you could not provide this evidence, and sent me an email as confirmation.

Regards,

Steve

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Steve_J_V, thanks for getting back to me and I'm glad to hear your insurance claim sounds sorted and no proof was needed after all. My apologies if you were advised getting proof wasn't possible when contacting us. I'm afraid it's not something we are often asked and I myself had to double check with our back end team. The advisor you spoke to should have checked also though and if you could please drop me your mobile number over private message I'll make sure feedback is passed on internally for you.