cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Usage

Cal_hall21

Proof of Usage

I am filing an insurance claim for my Mobile Phone and have been asked to provide proof of usage to prove my device has been working since I took out my policy. For this I need to provide a single document showing the dates of when my device was first and last used. This document must also include the IMEI number for my phone

I called customer services and they told me that there was no way of doing this as my device was not bought through PlusNet

For reference, I have attached an example of the details they require and the format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 😁

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Proof of Usage

Thanks for your post @Cal_hall21 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues getting a proof of usage document.

If there's no other way of your insurance provider progressing your claim without this, we can write it up for you and either send you an email on headed paper or likewise post a letter. Though some of the detail we'd likely not be able to find out such as first usage and bars added. Do you know any of the information they're asking for?

With the IMEI we can check that's what we have for your mobile number in the backend system and after passing our data protection checks, we can write something up based on what you know and what we have on record. 

Send me a private message with the following information if you'd like to go ahead. 

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Proof of Usage

Hi @Cal_hall21 

Thanks for the private messages. I thought I'd post back publicly in case this helps other people in a similar situation.

I've raised this to our mobile admin / second line support team and unfortunately we're not able to provide proof of usage, due to a combination of we can't see the full IMEI number and we haven't supplied the handset. 

I'd recommend explaining to your insurance company this isn't something we can provide as they should be able to process your claim without it, based on other posts here from customers in similar situations. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet