cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional deal not being honoured.

nohappy

Promotional deal not being honoured.

I took out new home phone/broadband and 12m SIM deals with plusnet over a month ago and it's not exactly been the smoothest of starts. Phone/broadband order initially stalled, customer service failed to investigate properly when queried then, when finally convinced, by me, that there was actually a problem, cancelled the order outright in error. Order had to be replaced and has only just gone live, not before I had to pay another £50 to my last provider (which I have today managed to arrange compensation for - thanks, Tony). 

At the time I placed the order, however, the promoted deal on the plusnet page I ordered from was that broadband customers were eligible for an additional .5GB of mobile data on a 12 month SIM-only plan (6.5GB for the price of 6GB). I enquired about this soon after placing the order and was told that I would have to wait until the broadband account was active for this to be applied. Due to the delay and subsequent cancellation of my first order for broadband I called back at a later date, concerned that eligibility may be affected, and was told not to worry and that it would certainly still be honoured as it was not my fault but could not be added until my broadband was live.

Today I have contacted mobile customer services and basically been told that there is no such offer, never has been, and I'm locked into a 12 month contract as the SIM's been active for over 14 days. I've also been told that there is no record of any previous calls from me regarding the mobile account so no notes left on the account regarding this. A supervisor has apparently spoken to other advisors, managers, sales department, etc and they can find no record of this offer having ever existed.

I'm not HUGELY upset about the loss of .5GB data in itself, the negative customer experience I've had getting everything else set up properly dwarfs that in comparison to be honest, but there's a principle involved here. If it turns out that I've imagined the whole thing and that there never was any such deal (extra half gig of mobile data for plusnet broadband customers, about this time last month) then I'll gladly apologise but being made to feel like a liar and a fool over something I'm pretty sure is correct just isn't on.

4 REPLIES 4
nohappy

Re: Promotional deal not being honoured.

*revisited thread to edit OP but was too late*

Just looking for anyone who can confirm that A) Yes, plusnet were running such offers last month or B) Nope, you've imagined it all, basically.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @nohappy, I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with your services, from what you've described it certainly sounds like you've had a poor start to our service. Please know that this isn't the experience we want you to have with us.

So I can take a look into the issues with your Mobile Tariff, please can you send me a PM containing the following details:

- Your full name

- Your full address including postcode

- The mobile number in question

Thank you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
nohappy

Details sent, thanks for looking into it.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks @nohappy, I've picked this up for you and responded to your PM.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team