cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Plustnet mobile cannot make calls

FIXED
angelbirch

Re: Problems with Plustnet mobile cannot make calls

Problems accessing Voicemail. had been wrking fine got a notification to say I've a voicemail try ringing voicemail, the call is not working Tried ringing**004*+447870020555*11*30# it is engaged then when I ring voicemail now it's actually engaged can someone help me please? May be linked to network issue mentioned on this thread about calls not working
mewillis
Hooked

Working for me now in Oxfordshire.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

That's good news.

Can any other users confirm whether or not the issue is resolved for them and what rough area they're in?

Harrysdad

Still no service in East Sussex

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Working again in West London

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening  

All up and working again  in South Staffordshire area

Thank you  

Brian A

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Morning all,

We’ve now resolved a technical issue that caused some of our customers to experience problems making and receiving calls for a short period yesterday evening. Data, messaging and text messages were working as normal during this time.

We worked as quickly as possible to fix the issue and we’d like to apologise to our mobile customers for any inconvenience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Perhaps you can also help resolve the issues with

A.

The status page not being updated to reflect issues in a timely manner, It was 2 hours after the issue started before the status page was updated and it was updated with and still has an incorrect issue start time.

The issues started to be reported at around 4:50PM - NOT 6:50PM as stated on the status page - which was the two hours later the issue was created on the status page.

Very misleading and unhelpful.

B.

All the issues that never made it to the status page, even hours late - along with locations affected.

Which would

1. Keep your customers informed and aware that you are aware of the issue

2. Almost certainly vastly reduce the number of clearly pointless calls clogging up your services

3. You could even put the known locations with a request to call if other areas are affected.

Now wouldn't that be novel?

One staff member taking a few minutes to keep customers informed and reducing the call backlog (and untold hours of customers time) dramatically ...

Rather than sitting on a phone repeating 'yes we know there's an issue, No we don't know anything else' to many irate customers who are saying 'why isnt it on the status page'

A few of your other issues over the last few months you failed to properly manage with your customers....

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/plusnet/archive

eg

20 August 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 4:50 PM BST. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

13 August 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 11:09 AM BST. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

16 July 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 12:26 AM BST. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

6 June 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 16:09. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

17 April 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 11:49. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

9 April 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 17:29. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

4 April 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 07:13. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

22 March 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 11:05. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

1 March 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 13:49. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

13 February 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 13:17. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

7 February 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 15:57. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

18 January 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 15:25. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

17 January 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 16:09. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

10 January 2019 Problems at Plusnet

Plusnet is having issues since 17:45. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.

The list does go on and on.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree with RobC 

The problem actually started before 1639 because my friend tried to call me and could not reach me so rung my other Three number which was working OK.

When I called to report the problem ( on the freephone number on my other line ) I was answered very quickly and was told they were getting calls about the problem that's when I put the post on the forum.

There must be many people who do not have an additional line so would find it very difficult to call to report the problem. 

A VP message eg. " If you are calling about a problem with your mobile being unable to make or receive calls thank you we are of this and trying to repair the fault as quickly as possible " so it would not waste the  callers time

We are actually never told what the problem was its always a Technical Fault

I never realised PlusNet had so many faults its a long list 

Brian A

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your posts @RobC & @8BKA.

Whilst the Social Media Team have no control over the issues that you're raising, on the back of what you've both said it's clear that some parts of the handling of the outage fell somewhat short and we will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the relevant teams to try and ensure that our valued customers are not left in the dark moving forward if there are issues.

Thank you for your open and honest feedback regarding the experience that you had.

RobC
Pro

What an entirely nondescript and uninspiring post, for which I will offer an alternative suggestion

Whilst the Social Media Team have no control over the issues that you're raising, its is well within the call centre staff and social media teams capability and duty to inform customers of issues in a timely and comprehensive manner.

It's clear that pretty much all parts of the handling of the this outage fell somewhat short, and in other instances clearly fell even further short of what a customer should expect from us as a communications provider PROUD of its customer service.

We have already started to put in place a quite simple process to address this, where the senior member of staff in the call centre; will immediately on realising a network issue is in progress; action a notification to the social media teams and the telephone service to ensure that appropriate and timely notifications will be put in place and kept updated in a timely manner to ensure that our valued customers are not left in the dark or unnecessary kept waiting on a telephone with any future issues.

This should be in place by next Tuesday.

We WILL keep you posted.

jonharnew

What an entirely nondescript and uninspiring post, for which I will offer an alternative suggestion

Which post are you referring to as a presumed member of Plus Net staff if you are. That comment seems rather inappropriate

I don't want to hear your political opinions & especially not from a member of staff this is a forum for plus net not a political soapbox

RobC
Pro

@jonharnew wrote:

Which post are you referring to

The one it immediately follows.

Quotes are frowned upon in an immediately following post, and I was referring to the whole prior post.

Whole post quotes; especially immediately after the quoted post; tend to get edited/truncated by mods, and I didn't want to risk leaving it with an impression I only thought part of the post was nondescript and uninspiring..

🙂

Sig follows: