cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting number

Wokingham68

Problems porting number

I can see from other posts that this is a common problem at the moment, but does anyone know how to escalate a totally failed number port?

I joined Plusnet a couple of weeks ago.  I got a PAC code from Vodafone.  They offered me a similar deal to the one I am going on to, and I now wish I had taken it.

I texted Port as instructed.  After waiting a day for any response I then called 500 and gave them the PAC code.  I got a text 10 days ago saying they were going to move the number.  Nothing happened for a week or so, then the vodafone number stopped working.  I now ring every two days and am told there is a problem but it will be fixed soon, them nothing happens.

For the last 4 days anyone ringing my old number gets a message saying it is not a valid number.  This means a lot if my contacts will assume the number doesn't work anymore and delete it.  My wife has been really ill recently and this is the number several departments use to get hold of her.

I just seem trapped in a loop of 500 calls and nothing happening.  Do I have to complain to Ofcom or is there some other way of getting something done?

I am thinking I will have to go back to Vodafone and beg them to take me back with the old number.

I have also just moved a second mobile, my landline and broadband to Plusnet.  I am really worried what they are going to mess up next.  

How do I get Plusnet to actually do something ?

Thanks for any advice

7 REPLIES 7
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Problems porting number

Very sorry to hear your port's hit a snag, Wokingham68.

We try and get numbers ported in within 24 hours but sometimes, as the porting process is a manual one requiring correspondence between different companies, delays can occur. I can appreciate this must be frustrating for you, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

As it's been quite some time since the number was meant to port in, the case will have automatically been flagged up to our Operations team to sort out. They'll be working on this to the best of their ability, but if you'd like a singular point of contact, I'm more than happy to act as such and keep you in the loop.

If so, please Private Message me your name and address as they appear on the account so I can load it up and keep an eye on it.

Again, I'm sorry to hear this has happened and I'm confident that once this issue is sorted we can turn your experience around. We'll also credit your account for the inconvenience and time without service.

Wokingham68

Four days on and no sign of any progress for something that is supposed to take 24 hours.  Customer service both here and on 500 are polite and sympathetic but seem unable to do anything, or even find out anything about why there is a problem.

Rang 500 at 10 am yesterday morning and kept saying I wanted to make a formal complaint.  Eventually told that a supervisor would ring back.  34 hours later and still waiting for the call.

I have found an external complaint escalation service linked to money savings expert that I will try next, followed by complaint to regulator.

I had recommended to my parents that they move mobile and broadband to Plusnet but I have now told them to look elsewhere,

Mumii

Can I port a number even after having my Plusnet sim for a few months?

Hoping Michael Williams will sort data problem out for me as done great job with my other half earlier then all being well as in having data would like to use my old o2 number.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Yes, you can port a number at anytime as long as it's still active. PAC's only last 28 days(?) so you'll have to request one from the present carrier. I presume you know you'll lose your present PN number?

If you have data problems at the moment though I'd get that sorted first.

Mumii

Thanks for reply that's exactly what I wanted to hear & understand will lose the PN number but not an issue.

Yes will definitely make sure data issues resolved fully before hand, actually just waiting for word back that it's ready to test again from Michael who has been very helpful to us so fingers crossed!

sharpecd
Dabbler

Michael - as you seem to have been helpful to  Wokingham68, can I appeal for help on my own porting problem? I

've been waiting 17 days so far, and there's no sign whatsover of any light at the end of the tunnel. I'm deperate, depressed,  disappointed and very, very frustrated. 
Please see https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/ANOTHER-Porting-Disaster/td-p/1491359

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm very sorry to hear of your frustration, sharpecd, and it's completely understood given the time you've been waiting. 

Unfortunately, whilst I can troubleshoot data issues at the network level, porting is a more complex process and I'm unable to speed things along in any way. Our engineers will currently already be in dialogue with your previous network, as well as analysing the files to see if they've all been sent across correctly.

I notice in the other thread you've mentioned wanting to make a complaint, which is completely understandable. The first step of our complaints process is a call from a manager to discuss the situation; I'd be more than happy to set one of these up if you could Private Message me some account details.