Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting from Virgin

FIXED
Sallyiom
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Problems porting from Virgin

Chose to move to Plusnet more than a week ago. Two SIM cards later I still have no mobile data and can’t text out but according to PN my port “was successful”.
Why do they ask for 3 examples of it not working? What do they do with the info? Why do I get such mixed messages from staff? Feeling extremely dissatisfied 😡
7 REPLIES 7
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Problems porting from Virgin

This is a common problem when porting a number to plusnet mobile. It took six weeks to get my problem sorted
Sallyiom
Dabbler

How was it sorted? Was it an EE profile problem?
Once it’s sorted, is Plusnet an ok mobile provider?
Do you know why they ask for the 3 examples? What do they actually do with them? It’s not like it’s an intermittent fault in certain locations... I have no mobile data anywhere and cannot text anyone.
Apologies for so many questions!!!
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Sallyiom

I am deeply sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your services.

We require this information as our Mobile Support team cannot identify an issue with your mobile services and will raise a task to our Mobile Operations Team to look into this further.

Our support team can see that there are no visible issues with your Mobile service profile, everything on account system appears to be in working order and if none of the technical diagnostics steps has helped resolve the issue, this is when we submit a webform to our Mobile Operation Team (An administrative team) to look into the matter with our suppliers and check your local MAST to see if the issue can be identified.

In order to check the record at your local MAST, three examples must be provided to check the issue with the EE network team, they look and see if an error can be identified using the information you have provided. The examples must be no longer than 48 hours ago when the issue occurred, each example must be at least 2 hours apart from one another.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of this.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

Sallyiom
Dabbler

This is nothing to do with the local mast! It seems that PN make customers jump through hoops. Is this because of your SLA with EE?
As for the 3 examples, I had collected 3 for the first SIM card last week and was then told by the Supervisor that these weren’t needed. I’ve collected 5/6 over the last 48 hours and sent them in last night and another early this morning.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Sallyiom apologise for any confusion, in summary, what I was attempting to state is that the examples you provide can be used to check and see if the local mast is able to identify the issue.

However, before it gets raise to that level, our Mobile operations Team check with our suppliers to see if any problems occurred during the porting or for known issues.

If you have provided in the examples and spoken with a member of our Mobile Support Team, they should have an update for you within the next 3-5 working days.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Kind regards.

Sallyiom
Dabbler

Fix
I seem to be sorted. Have 4G now showing and think I am accessing mobile data and can text. 🤞
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Sallyiom I am pleased to hear that your services is now working Smiley

If you are happy and confident everything is in working order, please send me a Private Message.

Once you have done this, please comment on the thread.

Many thanks.