Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting from O2

FIXED
Rose3
Hooked

Problems porting from O2

Applied to port from O2 on Wednesday 16 January and was told on the phone it would take a day.  Since then have had several phone and chat conversations, the latest being this morning when I was told it should take place on 22 January - I am not holding my breath !

i have been a Plusnet broadband customer since 2005 and a phone customer a good number of years.  The Customer Service has always been very good but dealing with this mobile transfer has left a lot to be desired.  It would help if we could be kept up to date on the transfer by email, text etc rather than having to keep phoning/chatting and going through the whole routine of name, address, PAC number etc etc, yet again.  Please Plusnet try to make this whole process much easier for those wishing to transfer to your service.

17 REPLIES 17
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Problems porting from O2

Hi @Rose3, I am sorry for the delays in porting your service.

If you could send me a PM with the mobile/ account number I'd be happy to take a look at this, though we might not be able to give any more of an update at this point.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Rose3
Hooked

I am new to this site. How do I send a DM to Plusnet Help Team member ?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Rose3,

If you click on the profile name of someone you want to message it should take you to their profile, there should then be a button that says "Send Private Message" which will take you to the page to compose your message to that user.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Rose3
Hooked

It looks as though this problem is marked as fixed, which is not the case.  It is probably my fault that this has happened.  I seem to be no further forward with the porting situation.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Rose3,

I'm sorry to hear that the porting issue is still ongoing. Please can you send me your mobile number via private message. If you comment on this post again once you've done this, we'll look into this from here for you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note

Fix removed as @Rose3's issue is still ongoing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @Rose3, I have replied to your PM and as advised, we will get back to you once we receive an update from our Operations Team.

Please just let us know if we can assist further in the meantime.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Dandelion22
Hooked

I am in exactly the same boat, my contract finished with O2 yesterday, so without a phone all day today.  Thank goodness, I am only on a monthly contract, as I think it is going to be a very short one.

Rose3
Hooked

It turned out that O2 released my number days ago to Orange !  The port has taken place today and all seems to be well apart from texting.  I have not been that impressed with Plusnet mobile customer support this last week or so.  I have spent a lot of time chasing the problem and most of the time getting nowhere.  Yesterday someone from Plusnet suggested I phone O2 and that is when I discovered why the port had not taken place, I cannot understand why I was not given this advice days ago.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Rose3,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm pleased to hear that the port has now completed but I'm sorry for the length of time that this took and for the inconvenience caused. I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to our customer support and that it was not until yesterday that you received a response that helped you to resolve this issue - I will pass on feedback about your poor experience here.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Rose3 wrote:

1:

It turned out that O2 released my number days ago to Orange !  

2:

The port has taken place today and all seems to be well apart from texting.  

3:

I have not been that impressed with Plusnet mobile customer support this last week or so.  I have spent a lot of time chasing the problem and most of the time getting nowhere.  Yesterday someone from Plusnet suggested I phone O2 and that is when I discovered why the port had not taken place, I cannot understand why I was not given this advice days ago.

The only way that could have happened would seem to be either

* Orange mis-presented your pac code - erroneously transcribing a pac code to precisely match yours

* Plusnet mis-presented their code

with either of those it would also require plusnets operators to fail to properly follow up on the error check processes

That texting error may indicate that the port is still not properly actioned (text/sms is a 'separate' part of the port to voice)

- check your data too.

3 plus 1 + 2 seem to clearly show that PN take no ownership of issues, and that they mess up a lot in these transfer processes.

Whoever is (not) managing these transfers needs sacking. Its been going on too long and FAR too visibly (despite PN hiding as much as possible) for training.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Rose3
Hooked

Hi RobC,

what I find difficult to understand is why I was not told much sooner, a week os so beforehand, there was a problem with my mobile number not matching the PAC code.  It must have been obvious from the start that there was a difficulty which needed to be addressed. I was told several times that the port would happen soon when obviously that was not the case. Having been with Plusnet broadband since 2005 and the customer service has always been very good, I feel the mobile side of the customer support is not up to scratch.  I hope it improves soon !

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Rose3 wrote:

Hi RobC,

why I was not told much sooner, a week os so beforehand, there was a problem with my mobile number not matching the PAC code.

Hi Rose3

PAC code + number matching is one of the very first tests that validate the PAC.

Plusnet should have got back to you IMMEDIATELY with that sort of issue, in fact, As far as I am aware Plusnet should not have even accepted that PAC when you initially gave it to them.

Seems to strangely indicate that Plusnet have NO systems in place, and just pass stuff on as is + any errors (inc any they add) to either BT or EE completely unverified.

If that is so - thats just plain wrong,

but would explain a lot - particularly if nobody properly checks and responds to any issues/errors returned.

That YOU would need to resolve that with O2 is both correct and a mute point if you didn't know.

That Plusnet SHOULD have properly informed you is also mute.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Rose3
Hooked

Hi RobC,

They did hint there might be a problem but just left it at that. Someone did say it would be forwarded to the Operations Team and they would ring back but that never happened.  I do not understand how the port system works.  It may have been an error on O2’s part from the start ?   Had I been told to contact O2 from day one then I could have saved alot of my time.  O2 recognised the reason for the delay immediately and once I reported it to Plusnet, it was dealt with quickly.  Text seems to work now.  

Rose3