cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transfer old number. unacceptable poor service

Elizawietan
Hooked

Problem with transfer old number. unacceptable poor service

On December 31st 2017, I gave the PAC code and the number I want to keep.
Today is January 5.
For 3 days my old number is inactive is dead.
January 3.
At 9:24PM, [CSA Removed] picked up my call to the customer service. after I asked why my old number is out of service all day, he explained that this is normal and everything will work correctly in the morning and should be all switched.
January 4.
another day when my old number does not work.
At 8:02PM  another conversation with customer service. This time my call picked up [CSA Removed].
From her I heard that yesterday's conversation was not recorded in their system. 
It is funny because I have recorded both conversations.
Of course, the excuse that I'm waiting so long is that there were a few days off.
But she did not give a logical explanation of why my old number does not work for 2 days.
Another promise that they will be switched over tonight (the same was the day before)

January 5

At 12:02 Next conversation with customer service This time my call picked up some lady. I can not understand the name even after listening to the recorded conversation several times. But it does not matter. I heard again that there is a problem with transferring my old number. no one can explain to me why my old number is dead and I still have to use a temporary number.. 

maybe someone here will answer me when I can use my old number?

Plusnet have the worst customer service I have ever had the opportunity to contact.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA names removed as per Forum rules.

4 REPLIES 4
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Problem with transfer old number. unacceptable poor service

Hi Elizawietan,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated. 

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday, or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete; we don't process ports of a weekend. 

Due to the Christmas and New Year period, there was an extended timescale for port-ins to complete. If you processed your port on the 31/12/2017 before 6pm, this wouldn't have been due to complete until anytime on the 03/01/2018, up to midnight leading into the 04/01/2018. 

I'm sorry to hear that your port is yet to complete. Although we do advise of a timescale of up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm and up to 2 working days when processed after, in rare circumstances, ports can extend their estimated completion time; this can be due to numerous technical factors and communication with your previous network. If this does occur, it will automatically be raised with our Operations Team who'll work to resolve this for you as soon as possible. 

I can assure you Elizawietan, we're aware of the situation with your port-in and although we're unable to provide you with a reason as to why this been delayed or an estimated timescale as to when this will complete, you'll receive a text and email confirmation when the port has reached the final stages of the number transfer.

- Rebeka 

Elizawietan
Hooked

Hi,

I read this information in all your answers to dissatisfied customers. And I hear about these assurances whenever I was to talk to someone with customer service. I am asking you only to return my old phone number back to me.

Because of your incompetence I have lost my patience and I do not want to be your client any more.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Elizawietan,

I completely understand the inconvenience that this has caused you, but I'm afraid we'd be unable to stop the process of the port-in at this stage and return the number to your previous network. 

If you were to cancel your account with us during this transfer, this could result in the loss of your mobile number and we wouldn't be able to retrieve this. 

I know that this can be very frustrating Elizawietan. I would advise to wait until the port-in has completed and then, if you still wish to cancel, we can close down the account for you and request a PAC for your number to be taken elsewhere. 

- Rebeka 

Elizawietan
Hooked

I believe that you will finish it as soon as possible and we will come back to this conversation after.