cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating address via online account

MikeS65
Hooked

Problem updating address via online account

I am in a catch 22 situation. I recently moved home and updated my address in the Personal section of my online account. The address shows perfectly when I view it online. However, when my bill is produced at the end of the month, the address shown on the bill is incorrect. For some reason 'Flat nn' that was correct for my previous address is prefixing my actual address. The bill shows my name, then, 'Flat nn N XXXX Grove'. The 'N XXXX Grove' is correct. The 'Flat nn' is incorrect and should not be there. However, I cannot remove it. I have re-entered my address several times but nothing has changed.

The serious problem comes when I make calls for support. Because the address is different on the bill to what I have on my account, support refuse to speak to me. I have a chat line conversation where I provided information that I could not have possibly known if I had not been the account holder, but to no avail, and the chat line conversation was cut.

I tried calling, and again went through a rigmarole of questions and answers which got me nowhere, and again, I provided information that only the account holder could possibly have known; but to no avail. I was only able to get support to talk to me once I provided my bank sort and account code.

Just today, I have opened up my bill and low and behold the address is still wrong. I know immediately that I am in for an unpleasant time if I call support because I am not going to be believed.

It seems crazy that support seems to be relying on a single item of information to verify a caller/account holder; especially as in my case that information is flawed. I have looked for an email or a physical address I can use to seek support but there appears to be none. I am in position where PlusNets's database has an error that I cannot correct, and is causing me serious issues in not being able to even report it.

Any serious solution considered.

10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Problem updating address via online account

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Account / Billing to Mobile 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @MikeS65

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. 

Can you please provide your username via PM so that we can look into this accordingly?

Kind Regards

Ollie 

MikeS65
Hooked

I am probably being very thick, but what does 'via PM' mean?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @MikeS65

PM means Private message. 

Kind Regards

MikeS65
Hooked

Hi, I sent ypu a PM a week ago but have heard nothing since.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @MikeS65.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a response.

I've just sent you a further PM requesting more details for you so we can investigate further.

Let us know once you've responded.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeS65
Hooked

Hi

I responded a week ago to the PM you sent but I've not heard anything since.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

All replied to @MikeS65,

If you do reply via PM please give us a nudge on this thread so we can pick it up for you.

Thanks.

DrVC
Hooked

I’m having the same issue. Customer service can’t authorise me with the address on the bills and same address which appears on the account information tab of the online login. Help?

MikeS65
Hooked

Try contacting Mads above directly, and I'm sure he can fix it. Nothing you can do yourself if your issue is the same as mine.