Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase for Mobile from June 2020

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Price Increase for Mobile from June 2020

9. Price changes

9.1. If you signed up for a plan where we provide a mobile phone or SIM only plan which had or has a minimum term (or upgraded or re-contracted to one of these plans), Your plan price includes an annual percentage price increase. The percentage price increase will take place in June of each year and will be equal to the annual Consumer Price Index (CPI) percentage published by the Office for National Statistics in January of that year.

Would someone please advise if it's the  CPI rate published in January which is actually the previous December's rate or is it the January 2020 CPI rate which was published in February 2020  so what will the increase be ?

11 REPLIES 11
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Price Increase for Mobile from June 2020

" (the Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year)"

This is from my mobile service provider. PN's is probably the same. I would have thought PN would have sent prior personal notification of their increase along with how much each customer's would be? Mine increased by 8p/month.😎 Fibre 13p/month.

I received the information from my provider weeks ago.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Vodafone put theirs up 2.5% in April, apparently by one of the indexes, if that helps.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Fix

Hi @Anonymous and thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm that come June before this increase takes effect you should receive confirmation of how the price increase will effect your account moving forwards. I'm afraid until then I can't confirm what adjustments would be made.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received an email the increase is from the first bill from 21st July not June this year but will revert to from June next year

Only fifteen pence but I can leave if I wish without any early termination charges before my contract ends in September a good get out

On your first bill from 21st July, the price you pay for your current £10.00 plan will increase by £0.15. This means you’ll pay £10.15 each month going forward, less any discounts you might have which will continue as normal.

mkkoriba
Hooked

I got an email today that the increase is 1.5% based on CPI increase of 1.5% as per the ONS in April 2020.

This is wrong! The  CPI in April  2020  is 0.9% NOT 1.5%  as per the ONS - the evidence is below. It is a small different but Plusnet should get it right and not rely on their customers to check their facts

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices

April CPI 0.9%

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon  mkkoriba

You are quite correct the Retail Price Index RPI is 1.5% 

Looks like they have the CPI and RPI mixed up 

No doubt it will be blamed on the new billing system

Would someone at PlusNet  please check this

Thanks   HD

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

But the increase is based on the CPI value from January not April.- it was 1.8% in January.

mkkoriba
Hooked

the email that I got from plusnet says the following:

"From 21st July, we’re increasing the price of your plan in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation, published by the Office for National Statistics in April. The rate is 1.5%."

I think it is reasonably clear that it is mean April ...in which the ONS number for April is 0.9%

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

The "rules" say CPI increase in Jan. so the email you have received is not inline with the ts and cs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning  davidj66

That is correct but I originally asked 

Would someone please advise if it's the  CPI rate published in January which is actually the previous December's rate or is it the January 2020 CPI rate which was published in February 2020  so what will the increase be ?

The T&C are not clear and are changing 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

For information , I've escalated the other thread here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Price-increase-CPI-wrong-not-1-5-but-0-9/m-p/1741109#M17595 requesting a formal management response.

However, The team who deal with this wont be back until Monday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.