Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-registered ... no email yet

FIXED
HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Pre-registered ... no email yet

I pre-registered a couple of weeks ago (immediately I received the invitation to do so). The service has gone live today and customers are able to purchase SIM deals, however I have not yet been contacted regarding the pre-registration offer.
Have other 'pre-registrants' been contacted? Should I just wait patiently or do I need to make a noise?

18 REPLIES 18
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Pre-registered ... no email yet

I was going to ask the same question, nothing received, and the webpage with the special pregistratiom offer has now changed. Hope that they haven't lost my pre-reg. 

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Just saw the other thread with an update from PN. We should receive an email with instructions on how to apply. 

HangTen
Rising Star

I assume you mean this:
"You should receive an email shortly which will contain instructions on how to submit your order. Alternatively, our Team have a list of those who have pre-registered and they'll make an outbound call to make sure this is processed for you."

"shortly" is too vague a term for me - I'd prefer "by the end of today" or "within 48 hours" or whatever, so at least I'd know when to start asking questions if I haven't heard anything 😕

drj
Aspiring Pro

Not received here either

HangTen
Rising Star

At least now I know it's not just me ...... it would be interesting to know if anyone who pre-registered has been contacted yet ....

ehsanc

I am in the same boat. I contacted the live chat, they are saying the emails are being sent today and should be with me by this evening...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Hi, 

We're working to contact all customers as quickly as possible, and you all should have heard something by Friday. We will contact you by e-mail, phone or both. If you're wanting to go through with the deal any sooner then you can always contact us by calling 0800 079 1133 and speak to one of our Sales Team.

fixerman
Dabbler

I had pre registered but anticipated a delay in being contacted so went ahead today and rang up. I was pleasantly surprised to hear a lovely young lady called Megan who, in a beautiful Yorkshire accent, talked me through the whole application procedure. My new sim will be here in two days and then it's finally goodbye to Virgin Mobile. I only hope they will provide me with a PAC code without undue hassle. Thumbs_Up

quelquod
Pro

Should have heard something by FRIDAY?Huh

I'd have thought that a bulk emailing would take seconds - seems to work well enough for various other PN announcements after all so why're things so slow?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
JonJon
Grafter

I signed up anyway this morning, having not had the email.
Presumably, I could either:
- Call up and upgrade to the pre-registration deal
- Upgrade to that deal after 30 days (as a broadband customer I get the 4Gb for £10 anyway)
HangTen
Rising Star

This morning I felt impatient; so I signed-up and ordered my SIM over the phone (and got the pre-registration deal), however for those still waiting to be contacted, I received my email at 15:40 this afternoon; so things are moving along.

The guy I spoke to on the phone said that interest had been much greater than anticipated and they had something like 20,000 enquiries to deal with; so I guess they're staggering contacting people to even out the load.

fixerman
Dabbler

My new Plusnet sim arrived in the post this morning. However it is not activated. Apparently we have to wait for two days before the sim activates. Then its only a matter of getting a PAC code from Virgin Media and away we go.

So far I am very impressed with Plusnet service.

PaulB-G
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The emails to sign up to PlusNet mobile (if you pre-registered) have indeed been staggered so that we can continue to offer a consistently excellent service to all of you.  The last thing we want is a bottleneck and interest from pre-registration was very high.  Keep an eye on your email account and one should be through shortly if you haven't got it you can call us if you don't want to wait. 

My SIM card arrived yesterday and activated today when I received my welcome email.  This is for security reasons but we have discussed internally here about whether we need to make this clearer for you all.  Based on feedback we receive we may look at some of the finer wording again in the future if this creates uncertainty/problem(s).

Paul
 Plusnet Staff
HangTen
Rising Star

My SIM arrived in this morning's post; so things are progressing - just waiting for it to be activated now ....