Possible porting issue

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Possible porting issue

Hi Andy,

Really glad to see something’s happening! At long last.

I’ve left the office for the day, but yeah it can take anytime until midnight for a port to fully complete, so fingers crossed by tomorrow, things are back to normal!

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Morning Gandalf,

I've got up this morning to find nothing much working still. I've got 4G data now, as I did yesterday, but basic telephone and text are still not activated.

I did send iMessage texts yesterday, but they ended up using my iCloud ID, rather than my phone number. Trying to add my phone number to the contact list just brings up an error message.

I have done a Network Settings rest, but to no avail there.

Cheers

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning Andy,

Sorry to see your mobile doesn't fully work still. Sad The port's showing as completed our side, but I've emailed our porting team again as well as our second line support team to take a closer look.

In the meantime, what model of iPhone do you have? If you go to Settings > General, is there a Profile button? Sometimes, particularly on an older iOS, the profile of a previous provider shows up there. If that's the case, try deleting it. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Gandalf,

As I said, I have done a full Network settings reset this morning, which deletes all the network data, and starts afresh. I'm on an iPhone 8 with iOS 15.5. There is no Profile setting.

I've tested again this morning. I have 4G data working, and I can make an outgoing voice phone call. I cannot sent or receive SMS texts. I can send an iMessage, but that's just using Wifi or 4G to send via iCloud and uses my Apple ID, and not my phone number.

I see the correct number is being displayed in the Plusnet App when I try to login, and it asks to send my verification code, but I receive no text if I try to use that.

Cheers.

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah okay, cheers for trying Andy.

Incidentally, a colleague in our porting team has just got back to me to say that your number's not showing fully active in our supplier systems, even though your account's received confirmation the port's completed.

I've asked them what the next steps are to fix though I suspect the ticket with the vendor is still open and in hand. 

I'll keep an eye on this for you as always and let you know when I know more. 

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy,

We've done a refresh of your mobile number in our network, which should hopefully fix the issue. 

Could you try turning your phone off again for 15 seconds then back on? Let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Hi Gandalf,

Sadly that hasn't made any difference, still the same functionality, 4G data, but no texts at all, and incoming phone calls.

If I try phoning myself from another phone, I just get either a dead connection, or a 'sorry you have dialled an incorrect number' message.

Cheers.

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy,

Ah that's disappointing. I've emailed our porting team straight away to let them know.

I'll keep you posted when they get back to me.

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Thank you Gandalf

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Andy, and sorry for the radio silence this afternoon.

I haven't got anything further back, but I have chased though. I'm finishing at 4:30pm today, but I'll check again tomorrow.

Cheers 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Ok, thank you.

Andy
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Morning Gandalf,

Just my daily update here 🙄. Still the same at the moment. I have 4G data, outgoing phone calls, but nothing else.

Cheers.

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy,

The porting team got back to me last night to say they're still on top of the problem and they're working with the relevant support teams to fix. Sorry again that this is dragging on. Sad

I'll monitor over the course of the day. Also I'm out of the office tomorrow until 7th June, so if we haven't sorted things today, I'll make sure one of my colleagues follows up while I'm away. Smiley

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Hi Gandalf 

Thank you again for your attention to this issue. Yes, it is dragging a bit now. I really want to see this sorted before the weekend, as I can’t verify my debit card at the moment, or anything else that uses 2FA.

Even if texts worked that’d help 🫤.

Hope you have a good break (I think you’ll need it 😏).

cheers

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy,

No problem, we'll do what we can to get it sorted as soon as possible for you. 

Cheers, with any luck by the time I'm back you'll have a full working mobile! 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet