Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible porting issue

FIXED
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Possible porting issue

So my port finally happened last night at around 11pm, and my wife and I were able to exchange texts OK.

This morning, iMessage on my phone has failed to work, or register the number, although the correct number is showing in the Phone settings.

I also cannot connect to data network, which is switching between 3G and 4G, although that was working before the port.

I cannot register the number in my Apple ID settings, as it sends a 2FA text code, which of course I'm not receiving, so I can't register the number there either.

Could you guys have a look at this please.

Cheers

Andy
62 REPLIES 62
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Re: Possible porting issue

Additional note:

Also cannot make or receive voice calls, so although I have signal, nothing is working now. No voice cals, no texts, no data.

My Plusnet App is still showing the temporary number.

Andy
webchuzz
Dabbler

Hi there,

My port has also completed yesterday around the same time as yours but mine seems to have had no issues.

Probably obvious, but did you try restarting your phone since?

As for the Plusnet App showing the old numbe, mine was behaving the same way so what I've done is log out of the app, "clear all data" for the app (this in Android, not sure what the equivalent process is for iOS) and log back in. After doing this I could see the updated number in the account.

Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Hi, glad yours has gone well.

I've been regularly restarting my phone.

I've logged out, reinstalled the app and logged in again, but it even shows the temporary number for the security code to be sent to before I log in again. It does send to my email though.

It does look like I've hit a hiccup with this one.

Thanks.

Andy
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

I've spoken to technical, and they've found an unusual issue, where the porting has completed, then gone into a still porting state, so rendered my service unusable for some reason.

Let's hope they can sort it easily.

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Andy,

After my advice in the locked thread that all was going through okay, I feel like I've let you down now. Sad

Yeah the port's not fully completed, but we're working behind the scenes with the right people to complete it ASAP for you. 

All delayed ports are tracked everyday by our mobile number porting team (I get an email each morning from them). Your account was definitely on there yesterday, along with 5 others, and it's still on the outstanding port list today. 

As soon as the port's completed, you should genuinely be one of the first to know as you'll get an email/text. 

Let me know how it goes though. Smiley

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Hi Gandalf

Many thanks for your interest in the issue, of course you haven't let anyone down, just one of those things.

It could only happen to me of course 😉 (I also suffered a partial port when I came to Plusnet Mobile a few years ago).

I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Cheers

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy,

Ah always the case! Fingers crossed it's fixed quickly. Smiley

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Hi Gandalf

Well it’s into day four without service now, still nothing this morning.

As it happens this may be a more serious issue than it appears, for me that is. I’ve had a bit of a health scare this week, and it looks like my doctor has sent me a text, but I don’t know what it says (I’ve seen the action in the NHS app). It’s very important now that this is fixed as soon as possible (getting hold of my doctors by phone is not the easiest).

Cheers

Andy.

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy,

I'm really sorry this is dragging on, and I do hope all turns out to be okay. 

I'm afraid I can't do anything to speed the port up as it's already with the right people who are working to resolve as soon as possible. When I get today's list through, I'll double check that your number's still tracked on there. 

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Andy, I've got the outstanding port list through and your number's still tracked on there. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

It’s not looking good so far. It’s now past 48 hours since I put the call to tech in (was told up to 24-48 hours for a resolution).

I really need my phone to be working. It’s not just a whinge. I do have a genuine need to have a working means of contacting others.

I didn’t know about this health issue when I ordered the SIM last week, otherwise I wouldn’t have done this right now.

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really sorry again for the delay Andy, and that it's come at the worst possible time for you. Sad

I've emailed our porting team to see if there's anything they can do to speed things up. It's not something I'd normally do as the right people would already be on the case, so I can't guarantee they can help. 

But I've dropped them an email just to be doubly sure. Should hopefully get something back tomorrow. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wildroverandy
Aspiring Pro

Sorry to have been a pain, I really appreciate your efforts.

Andy