Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problems.

plazmaduck
Dabbler

Porting problems.

Hi.

I left Virgin because they are inept and thought your company was going to dazzle me - it all started out well.

A week later and I'm still waiting for my number to be ported over and if it isn't done in time I'll probably have to pay Virgin another month as my contract won't be cancelled!
In addition no app? That's crazy for the times we live in. Please get the porting sorted out as so far, it's been nothing but phone calls to you and trying to sign up for this forum etc etc.

3 REPLIES 3
plazmaduck
Dabbler

Re: Porting problems.

Don't all rush to help me. I'll take my business elsewhere before my cooling period ends. Thanks for nothing Plusnet!!!

"We'll do you proud"...Really?

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @plazmaduck, thanks for getting in touch!

Just to let you know, our Community Forum isn't an instant messaging platform, and our office is closed from 10pm until 07:30 am.

If you would prefer to speak to us with an instant response, there is our Customer Services team over the phone and also a Live Chat feature via the website!

I'm really sorry to hear that there appears to be a delay in your port completing.

A number port should take 1-2 working days to complete.

All delayed ports are automatically sent to our Operations Team for them to work on completing it as a matter of priority.

Unfortunately we cannot provide a timescale for completion as it will complete as soon as they have fixed the issue getting in the way.

If you'd like us to check into this and confirm that your information has been passed on to them, please send me a private message Smiley

You'll find the option for this by clicking onto my profile.

Thank you

-Oli

plazmaduck
Dabbler

Hi Oligaffney

I appreciate this isn't instant messaging and didn't know your hours were until 10pm - unfortunately, those of us without our proper numbers have the problem past that time! 
Sorry, but if you aren't able to provide the service you advertise, then the potential customers should be made aware so they have the choice not to sign up.
I've already been on the phone to be told how important I am and how I've been put forward as an emergency, yet days later from that, I'm still without my original number. I almost stayed with Virgin because I was concerned about the hassles of porting, but never have had it is badly as this in the 20 years odd of owning this number, if I lose it I'm really not going to be happy, same goes for being charged an extra month by Virgin because they haven't cancelled due to slow porting.

At this stage your template for what 'should' happen and that 'All delayed ports are automatically sent to our Operations Team for them to work on completing it as a matter of priority' doesn't really help me for the disruption for the past week and the fact you can't give a timescale is worrying.
Phoning up provides no extra comfort as they're unable to tell me what the problem is, so that was a waste of time.