Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over 2 weeks now

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Porting over 2 weeks now

Hi @Sarahr138 that's really good to see Thumbs_Up thanks for confirming.

Could you send me a PM with your confirming your mobile number, full name, full address and that you're the account holder? I'll then go through our data protection process with yourself and be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture when I'm next in the office on Wednesday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David24
Dabbler

Hi Sarah,

I’ve had the same problem moving from EE. Plusnet are simply dreadful and totally unresponsive. Broken promises, rudeness, hanging up on calls, incompetent customer service agents, the list is endless, I am unable to leave Plusnet because of a split port problem that means it would carry to any new provider and potentially further delay resolution. I have been doing a lot of research and writing letters of complaint. I’m even on the verge of setting up a website focusing upon Plusnets failures that will become a focal point for sharing customer experiences and complaints and to see if as a group we can take positive action to force change. Take a look at some of my posts: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Problems-Porting-Mobile-Number/td-p/1676219. I am posting updates daily but if you are seeking compensation and this shower offer you a months subscription or something equally paltry, then I suggest you reject. You are probably entitled to Substantially more for all the inconvenience, If they diont offer enough, ask for a Deadlock Letter and raise it with the Ombudsman. You should also raise a formal complaint with Ofcom, not because they will do anything specific about your complaint but they are collating issues relating to rogue companies with a view to introducing further regulation - see my posts about this which also contains names and contact details.

Hope this helps, if its any consolation, I have been without my ported number for 19 days!

Cheers,

David

Sarahr138

so I think it took around 8 weeks to finally port my number over from EE to Plusnet. Plusnet aren’t the only provider that has this issue, my son also ported away from EE to virgin and again never had his number port correctly, then moved to Plusnet and it successfully ported. The common denominator here is EE. Maybe they encrypt something that causes the issue. Both plus net and virgin piggy back off EE so shouldn’t be a problem.

anyway all sorted now, I have been compensated and even received a bar of chocolate with sorry on it in the post. Nice touch...

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Sarahr138,

Thanks for getting in touch and confirming the issue is now resolved. I appreciate the comments about the process and I'm glad you liked the chocolate too!

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF