cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over 2 weeks now

Sarahr138

Porting over 2 weeks now

I’m so frustrated with Plusnet, my sim won’t activate after being in a pending state for over 2 weeks now and nothing anyone can do. If I port away I will be taking the problem with me. Plusnet can’t force it to activate. My mother has a care line with me as her contact, I don’t have a landline they can’t get in touch with me. Seems mad they can’t do anything for me. I think ofcom  may be my next port of call. Plusnet say I just have to wait my feeling is that if it hasn’t happened by now it isn’t going to.... 

18 REPLIES 18
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Porting over 2 weeks now

Hi @Sarahr138 Thanks for contacting us via our community forums and I'm sorry to see you've had issues with your SIM not activating for so long and the inconvenience and concern this is causing.

I'm chasing this up with our operations team and I should be able to provide an update tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Sarahr138 

I've been advised that we're aware of the problem with your account and this is raised with the appropriate team to fix as soon as possible. Unfortunately I'm afraid that we're not able to provide a timeframe as to when it will be resolved.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sarahr138

It’s not really good enough is it. I left EE to come over to you in good faith, I had a perfectly working phone I could receive calls on. The pending problem does seem to be an issue plus net encounters on a regular basis going back over a long period of time. Just telling there’s nothing you can do is not useful. You’ll expect me to pay you in the same way I expect a fully workable service. I am totally screwed I can’t leave so I have to put up with this.

i can’t believe there is nothing you can do. For something that was to take up to 2 hours to port has now been over 2 weeks! So this is it is it, I stay pending......

thanks for the service really glad I switched.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Sarahr138 

Again I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this problem. We're already doing what we can to fix this as soon as possible, so there won't be anything more we can do I'm afraid.

Once we've resolved it feel free to drop me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill with you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sarahr138

3 weeks and still counting.... still no activated sim....nothing like a company taking ownership of their issue and working hard to resolve it! This really is nothing like that.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Sarahr138,

I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to experience this issue. We'd need to take a further look into this and to discuss the matter further we'll need to pass our security checks. Please could you send us a Private Message across with the following information attached:

- Your Mobile Number
- Your Full Name (And whether or not you're the account holder)
- Your Full Address (Including Postcode)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Sarahr138

No point going through it all again on here. Sim is pending and apparently there is nothing you can do...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Sarah. I’m happy to take ownership of the problem updating you on the progress however it’s not really going to change or speed things up because we’re already doing what we can to get this resolved for you as soon as possible. 

My colleagues in our operations team proactively ensure that any pending accounts we have are chased up with the relevant suppliers. 

Once I’ve received an update I’d happy to let you know however it’s possible that I wouldn’t get an update until the problem is sorted but that doesn’t mean that we’re not doing anything as we’d be chasing this up in the background. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvigelis
Grafter

Looks like i have the same problem. Second time i am trying to port number from ee and second time unsuccessful.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @dvigelis,

Can you PM me across the mobile number, and full address so we can look into this for you. 

dvigelis
Grafter

Thanks, it is sorted now. It is just frustrating, that i waited for two days for porting and than nearly two days without any information my old and new sim cards just stopped working.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

dvigelis,

I'm glad everything's now resolved but sorry there was a period of time when you were without service. If you do have any further problems please can you let us know. 

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@dvigelis 

Have they offered you compensation for their failure?

@Sarahr138 

Don't forget your compensation if they ever fix it - or if you choose to cancel and probably lose your number due to their ongoing failure.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Sarahr138

Hi Gandalf, I’m up and running several weeks on, I’ve lost count, you mentioned compensation. Let’s talk.