Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out problem

FIXED
veloman
Grafter

Porting out problem

Can anyone help please!

I left Plusnet mobile on 3rd December taking my number to a new supplier.  The move was completed without problem BUT...

Plusnet have insisted on another months payment even though I'm out of contract and my billing period ended on 5th December.  The problem is that Plusnet say I ported out on 8th December not the 3rd.  

I had already cancelled my Direct Debit as did not expect to have to make a further payment but as Plusnet were threatening to apply a £10 late payment fee I paid a further months payment by credit card.

I have spoken to customer service who say I must supply proof that I ported on 3rd.  I have contacted my new supplier who has confirmed that I ported on the 3rd and have provided an email to that effect.

I forwarded that email to mobile customer support on the 13th and have not received a reply.

I received a text yesterday saying the monthly payment would be taken by Debit Debit!

Can someone please help sort this to save me having to make a formal complaint?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Porting out problem

Fix

Thanks for your post @veloman and apologies for the delayed staff response.

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with the date your number was ported out. 

I hope you've got this sorted now but if you haven't, feel free to private message me the following information.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
veloman
Grafter

All sorted now thanks to Gandalfs intervention.  Turns out I sent my emails to an incorrect address which didn't help!  For some reason it took 5 days for the portout to complete on Plusnets system.  Its unclear if the delay was down to Plusnet to my supplier although I suspect that an investigation would reveal PN as the culprit.  A refund is in the pipeline thankfully closing the matter.  Have to say that once it was picked up by Gandalf he handled things in a very professional manner.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for the post and feedback @veloman 

No problem at all, I'm happy to have helped and I'm really sorry again that something went wrong with the cancellation. 

If there's ever anything else you'd need help with, feel free to let me know and I hope you have a happy new year. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet