cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

Grainfoot
Dabbler

Porting number

Are some number transfers taking longer than 2 days or is something not right. 

My numer transfer went very quickly with no problem but my wife has just joined plusnet and phoned through pac and number for transfer on Wednesday night. Was told all would be complete by end of Friday. 

Saturday morning now and still on temporary number, does anyone know if number porting happens on Saturdays or will it be into the new year befor the number changes.

7 REPLIES 7
custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Porting number

Porting only takes place on working days so not weekends.

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

After the weekend now, I'm afraid. She was taking a bit of a chance cutting it so fine just before a holiday weekend. When I ported mine I just stuck the PN sim into an old handset and kept both phones handy until the port was complete so no hassle really.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

As the posters above say, porting doesn't take place over the weekend which as far as I'm aware applies to every carrier (couldn't tell you why though).

As long as her original sim and number are still live just put it back in the phone. When it turns off in the new year just swap them back.

custos
Aspiring Pro

As I understand it porting is a complex manual operation and is only done during normal weekday working hours.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Ahh, explains why it's done in batches (I believe).

dazzh
Grafter

HI,

I'm in the same boat.

Porting request put in on 25th Dec. I knew nothing would happen until later on in the week due to PH's.

28th Dec the number I'm transferring stops working so though at least it's moving along. Number not working Thur I phoned and was told it would transfer later that day. Fri still not working so phoned and was informed it would be transferred sometime on Friday. Sat still not working so phoned and was told that it will be 3rd Jan before it's transferred as they were very busy. 

So thy had 3 working days to do it and it will, if it transfers on 3rd Jan, taken them 4 if I exclude weekends and PH's. Not only that data is not working.

I'll just need to be patient and wait till Wed as nothing can be done now.

Quite dissapointing really as all they had to do was put a message on their website and I would have waited till after the New Year.  

custos
Aspiring Pro

I do agree that Plusnet could give a little more information about Porting and the possible delays involved. Clearly the Christmas and New year holidays were always going to be a problem, especially with a newly instigated mobile service.