cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

FIXED
wrayd2

Porting number

It is now over a week since my old phone number should have been activated on my Plusnet sim card. I have contacted Plusnet many times over the past week. Either over the phone or via email. The response that I get from them is always the same. It's not our problem, but the company that does the porting for us. My number transfer, from EE, should have been completed on the 6/7/22, but still not working for me. I am having treatment for cancer at the moment, and have missed several important phone calls and txt messages. Yes, I could give everyone my temporary new Plusnet number, but that would mean that I would have to sign into my accounts with various departments and companies, but guess what? I have 2 stage verification on my accounts that send a message to my old phone number!!!! I used to work for BT on customer complaints, and you had a time limit to resolve a complaint. Looks like no such system at Plusnet. Yes. Everyone you talk to is polite and apologetic, but totally unable to give you any indication as to what is causing the problem, or how long it will take to resolve it! What is the point of having customer services if they can't help you? I am seriously looking at cancelling my account with Plusnet, as I'm within my 14 day cooling off period, just! But I've been told that I run the high risk of loosing my old number for good if I do. Catch 22 situation then. I asked, who at Plusnet talks or communicates with the people at the porting company, and was informed that they don't talk to each other!!!! Really can't believe that they don't have some way of talking to each other in order to resolve what it would seem through a lot of threads on this blog, that number porting is an all to regular problem. Fingers crossed that something happens very soon, but I wouldn't bet on it!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Porting number

Hiya @wrayd2, thanks for chatting me with me about this I'm so sorry for the delay you've had and I know how frustrating this must be. 

As mentioned, I'm taking ownership of this for you I will keep you updated on any updates I get and if anything changes at any point your side just let me know. 

To send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message'.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
wrayd2

Lauren, Tried to contact you with a PM, but no GREY button. Anyway. Just put my old sim card from EE in my phone and it still works? Not sure why as my EE account is closed! Hope that this info might be of use to you in sorting my problem out. Regards: David Wray
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Ah, you might not have actually posted enough times to PM. If you check you should have the option now I think?

Thanks for trying and letting me know, hopefully that means you'll be able to receive any important calls in the meantime though it is weird if the account is closed! 

As soon as I know any more, I'll let you know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
PikeH

Hi
I’ve just joined Plusnet and it’s been 4 days since my number was due to transfer over. I have called the help team but couldn’t be given any information on when it will happen only that I was in a queue and it should only be a day or two. Shouldn’t Plusnet be communicating with their new customers to update on what’s happening when things don’t go as they said they would? It’s not a good start to a business relationship really
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see there's a delay with your number port. I wrote up a post Here about what happens on the day.

Are you still having issues now? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PikeH

Hi yes
Thanks very much for replying
Still running on the temporary number.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Could you private message me your mobile number along with full name so I can take a look?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PikeH

Yes will do