cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number out of plusnet has left service duplicated on new provider and plusnet after 2 days

rtsg7vyi
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Porting number out of plusnet has left service duplicated on new provider and plusnet after 2 days

Unfortunately due to poor EE network coverage where I have recently moved to I have taken the decision to leave plusnet for another network with better coverage where I live. We have given new provider the PAC code from plusnet and number is now operating on new network and calls from phones identify as correct numbers. We have moved the 2 numbers to 2 different providers on the same network. The port was done 2 days ago.

However on both phone numbers the plusnet service also continue to run as the now ported number too and incoming calls and texts are still going to Plusnet SIM service leaving our numbers split between 2 providers. Turning off the plusnet phones just results in calls going to plusnet voicemail. Very very occasionally the incoming call will route to the new network and ring on the new SIM. New providers says it looks at their end that port is successful but are looking in to it. It seems that the plusnet side of the port has not worked and the service has not been shutdown when the number moved to the new provider. This has gone on for 2 days so far with no change.Restarting phones etc doesn't change anything. Is there anything that can be investigated from plusnet side ?

2 REPLIES 2
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Porting number out of plusnet has left service duplicated on new provider and plusnet after 2...

Hi @rtsg7vyi 

This is what is commonly known as a "split port". 

Effectively, your new suppliers have had just enough detail from the PAC to set up your new connection, however, they have not send us the relevant "files" to let us know to disconnect your current service. 

It's not something that we can process form our side without the info from the new carrier i'm afraid. 

I would get back to them and let them know we haven't had any "files" from them, which will hopefully give them the info they need to find out what hasn't been sent and get that ball rolling. 

All the best, 

MoR

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Porting number out of plusnet has left service duplicated on new provider and plusnet after 2...

@rtsg7vyi 

Although I dont necessarily agree with @MasterOfReality 's explanation of what caused the issue

(my experience seems to indicate that files are sent but just not properly actioned by PN/EE)

... I do agree that initially you should take the issue back to the new provider who should be able to relatively simply send a 'refresh' through ... unlike PN who appear able to do very little re ports, and none of it quickly or reliably Sad

Does perhaps depend on who your new provider is.

Strangely it does seem to be more of an issue with EE/PN ports either way, but that is an apparent observation, not a certainty and it certainly NOT an exclusive PN <-> EE issue.

Mine was T-mob(EE) -> PN (EE) (fits) (eventually 'mostly 'seemed sorted after about a month - it seems it wasn't actually).

Then PN -> O2 - sorted by O2 on everyone but EE's network in minutes once informed (eventually slowly over the EE networks during the next 4/5 hours)

Everything(after extensive checking) seems to be sorted now, apart from I have started getting robocalls, but I've an inkling that is Ebay not PN.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots