cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number issues

Jay88
Hooked

Porting number issues

Has anyone had any trouble porting their number over using a PAC code?

I originally requested this to be processed on 26th November, I was advised it normally takes 24 hours but can take up to 48, it’s the 7th of Dec but it still hasn't been processed.

Plusnet have started the process as my old number has been switched off, but I’ve now been without my phone number for over 24 hours and their customer service is no help, all they advise is ‘The right team is processing your request’.

Anyone else having issue or could advise how to escalate? The team leader I spoke to wasn’t very helpful.

Starting to regret ever switching.

Many Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Re: Porting number issues

Hi Jay88,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post. I'm sorry to hear that your port request has passed outside of our standard timescale, but rest assured, the transfer delay will have been raised to our operations team, who'll be working to complete your port in ASAP.

If you'd like me to take a further look into this for you, or would like any advice on escalating this matter, please send me a PM - I'll be happy to help.

- Charlie

Jay88
Hooked

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for getting back to me. How do you pm?

Is it possible to get time scales on roughly how long it will be fixed? The customer service advised it can take several weeks which really is not acceptable for a simple task.
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jay88,

No problem, thanks for responding to my reply! If you click on my username, you'll be taken to my profile, from there you can select 'send private message'.

in answer to your question for an approximate timescale, I'll have to first take a look at your account.

- Charlie

Jay88
Hooked

I don’t see an option to send a private message. Can you send me one and I’ll reply?
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It sounds like your e-mail address still needs to be verified: you will have received an e-mail on sign up to Community on how to do so, just follow the directions within your e-mail and that should do the trick.

- Charlie

Jay88
Hooked

I’ve already done that, it’s been verified. Can you not send me a pm?
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, I've now sent you a PM, just reply and we can continue from there.  Smiley

- Charlie

Jay88
Hooked

For anyone that was interested in what Plusnet said to me via pm, they provided me an update!

Here is their update:
“....”

Nice of you Plusnet to provide me a very informative update...
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm afraid I can't discuss your account over this public thread, but I've now responded to your latest message and will be glad to continue things from there.

Any updates regarding your account and number transfer will be fed back as soon as we have them.

- Charlie

Jay88
Hooked

All you have said is “I understand where you are coming from, but there are no further updates”, this is comepltly useless.

It’s been going on since the 26th, when will update be available? How much will it cost to get my number back, Plusnet really aren’t worth the hassle and I wish I never switched (not even fully switched yet!)
eccam
Dabbler

Sorry to hear about your experience. Can only hope mine will be less painful... as for pm I have not had a reply yet. Good luck!