Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

FIXED
MJL91
Hooked

Porting issue

Hi,

I ordered a new sim card and requested transfer of my old number when purchasing. I received the new sim card Friday before last, lost service on my old sim card that same morning (before the new sim card actually arrived). When I inserted my new sim card it showed up as the new number, I'd read it could take a couple of business days to transfer, so left it over the weekend.

On the following Monday, the new number that came with sim had been replaced by a different new number, not my old number I'd requested. It's been a week since then with no change.

Any ideas what happened?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Porting issue

Hi there, 

Could you drop me a PM with your mobile number and address including postcode so I can take a look into that for you? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MJL91
Hooked

Hi,

I sent you a PM on Monday. My phone lost service on Tuesday, so something is happening. But it's been 4 days with no service and my phone still shows the wrong number.

Any updates on what's going on?

Thanks for the help.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @MLJ91,

Thank you for getting back in touch, I'm very sorry that you've not had an update after sending us the requested information over.

We'll just need to run through a few data protection checks with you and we can then access your account and look into this. Please can you send me the following information over on a private message?

- Your full name

- Your date of birth

- The first character and the ninth character from your memorable place

Please drop us another message on this thread once you've sent the private message so that we can ensure this is picked back up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MJL91
Hooked

PM sent as requested.

Thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us, 

I'm going to look into this with our mobile ops team for you. Could you send me another PM with the other mobile number that you've mentioned just so i can make a few checks first?

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MJL91
Hooked

Hi,

I've PM'd you that number.

Thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks very much, I'll raise this with our mobile operations team and will speak with them when they're back in the office on Monday so I'll make sure I get back to you then. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, this is just to let you know that our operations team are looking into this for me now, it might take a few days for them to get back to me. I'm away from work tomorrow but will pick this back up on Wednesday for you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MJL91
Hooked

Hi,

Just wondering if there's any update? As it's now been 3 weeks without a working sim.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @MJL91 

I'm sorry for the delay with this. Adam's not in the office at the moment, however I've picked this up for you now and I've discussed this with a colleague from our mobile operations team and I'll message you back now

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tridens
Dabbler

3 weeks no working sim terrible sevice from Plusnet hope they dont loose your old number

Tom79

Dear Anoush, 

Please could you help me escalate my porting problem: I have not been able to receive calls to my number for over 1 month since switching to Plusnet. I have called CS numerous times but I feel totally helpless. 5 days to resolve an issue is what I keep being told.

Thank you