cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue

brettcarr

Porting issue

Hi,

I inititated a port request on Monday night which was accepted. My old number (from three) stopped working this morning so I have swapped in my plusnet SIM. I can make and receive calls but these are on the plusnet number not my original number. Calls to my original number are being answered with "You have dialled an incorrect number" I was expecting an hour or twos switch over but we are now at over 4 hours and it's really important I get the port completed today, being without my number for any prolonged period is going to cause me issues. Can anybody help with this please.

Thanks

Brett

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Porting issue

Hi @brettcarr

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll be more than happy to take a further look into this, if you could send me a private message with your details. I'll certainly do the best I can to ensure this is resolved as quickly as possible. -Ashleigh

sparks77

Split port!!  it will be at least 5 working days!!

Thats if Plusnet forward you request to EE technical Dept!!

I've been waiting 6 days already only to discover tonight that Plusnet didn't ask me all the relevant questions last week so they didn't pass it to EE technical support!!  Plusnet did try to call me to let me know of course!! On the number that doesn't receive calls!!!  Seriously!  Whatever happend to good old emails to let me know something had gone wrong.

They now have to start the whole process again which guess what!!  Another 5 working days without any incoming calls at the very least!!

I can't even get another PAC code and move network as if I do I will probably lose my number altogether! due to the original split porting.

Iv'e been a Plusnet customer for years,  Maybe not for much longer now!

brettcarr

Port has now completed more of a delay than I would of liked but good response from plusnet support as usual .

Thanks

Brett
brettcarr

Mmmm port has completed but now mobile data has stopped working. Anyone experienced this issue? Voice and sms working fine, display says plusnet 3g but getting data activation errors, this is an iphone 6

Brett

RobertHenry
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi brettcarr

It sounds like you need to reconfigure your APN settings to come in to line with ours. If you follow these steps, your data should be up and running again.

Please ensure you've switched off the Wi-Fi connection on your handset first then:

Settings>general>profile>remove profile
Settings>general>reset>reset network settings

Anything else, just ask! Smiley

Robert Henry
 Plusnet Help Team