Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting fail

FIXED
Bennyjj81
Fixes: 2

Porting fail

I'm hoping somebody can convince me I have not made a terrible decision coming to PlusNet. Bought a sim only plan on the black Friday deal last week. Sim arrived Friday morning so I gave an advisor my PAC code and was told port would be completed on Monday because of the weekend. That's fine I thought. Monday came and went but nothing so called and was told it could happen overnight. Low and behold Tuesday morning my number had transferred across but I couldn't send messages nor had any mobile data. Called again. Kept failing security check. Now going mad. Finally one advisor said its because I was saying my name was Ben and they have Benjamin on file. Really?? My bank don't even do that to me. Major eye roll. Wait I was told. Tuesday comes and goes. Same problem. Called again. Wait I was told. Wednesday is now here. Same problem. Called yet again, wait I was told yet again. I'm getting a little sick of this now! I also made the mistake of looking at Trustpilot reviews....... Oh how I wish I had done that before I made the switch!

I've seen some historical posts about this issue but is this a known thing with PlusNet?

3 REPLIES 3
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Porting fail

Hi @Bennyjj81,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience and we'd really like to look into this for you.
We just need to pass some Security with yourself and then we can look into your query straight away. 
Could you please PM us with the following details;
-  your full name
-  your full address including postcode 
-  your mobile number 

Thanks.

Bennyjj81
Fixes: 2

Fix

Hi @OllieC

My port has finally gone through in the last 30mins which I am pleased about. Very disappointed it took 3 days as opposed to one but still happy to finally have a functioning phone again.

Thanks

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Bennyjj81,

Glad to hear the number port has completed for you.

If you require any assistance, feel free to PM one of us with the information requested by @OllieC.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional