cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting chaos

KO

Porting chaos

Previously on Lebara. Bought a plusnet contract (on a very good value deal) on the 21st of this month. Did not go through the automated switching process as I read online I should wait until I have the sim in my hands.

Got the sim, initiated switch Tue 28th (substitute bank holiday) and was informed switch would be completed Thu 30th. Fair enough.

Go through all of Thu... nothing happens. Fri 31st, number seems to have switched. Keep turning phone on and off. Can't connect to the internet through data, and cannot make calls. Not even to 500 to complain!

What is going on? When will my switch be complete? Why can't I access data? Will I be compensated for not being able to contact anyone except through wifi for 2 working days and counting?

4 REPLIES 4
Nicaloons

Re: Porting chaos

Hi, we also bought 3 new sims, which should have been ported yesterday, but nothing Sad
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your posts @KO and @Nicaloons 

I'm really sorry to see your numbers aren't ported yet. If you can private message me the following information to pass our data protection checks, we'll be happy to look into this for you. 

In the meantime, it may be worth having a read of our number porting guide Here.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KO

My number eventually ported. That's one problem that eventually solved itself.

My data connection on the other hand, was only resolved after reading a solution that was actually posted here a few years ago.

This was how I did it on iPhone 11:

Settings -> General -> VPN & Device Management

There might be a 'profile' with your previous provider's name on it here, along with the option to 'Remove' it. After doing this, hey presto, I managed to connect to data!

Hope this helps someone else.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @KO and thanks for posting what fixed the issue.

I'm glad to see everything's sorted now.

If you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet