cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Problem

astreix

Porting Problem

My number was supposed to port from 3 to plusnet today. Early afternoon as expected the 3 sim lost signal and I assumed number will port shortly to the plusnet sim - however that did not happen. If anyone calls my number they get a message saying "you have dialled an incorrect number"

I called 3 just now to check and they said they have released the number from there side - so the issue seems to be on plusnet side.

This is causing real inconvenience - I was told on the phone that they can't say why this problem has happened or how long it may take to resolve. Please Help - What do I do?!!

4 REPLIES 4
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: Porting Problem

Hi there @astreix!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'm really sorry to hear your number port has not yet completed.

We would expect a port to complete within 1-2 working days.

As your number has now left Three, it shows that the port is in progress and could now complete at any moment!

When a port falls outside of the usual timescale, this indicates that there is an issue with the files received by us.

Our Operations Team will have been automatically alerted to the delay and will be working on fixing the files for you.

If you would like me to access your account to confirm this, feel free to send me a private message and I'll pick it up Smiley

-Oli

astreix

PM sent

jogwolf
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

How long did it take? I have the same problem my previous provider has disconnected my number 1.5 day ago, I have a feeling that something went wrong and it will take more than 2 days. I 've never experienced such delays for number porting.

Edit: my number just came back to life after 48 hours.
astreix

It took 2 days to port.  They did sort it out, but I plusnet seems to have a more than fair share of porting problems.