Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting PN current number to a newly issued PN SIM

FIXED
Jacksoag
Fixes: 1

Porting PN current number to a newly issued PN SIM

I'm currently have issues with Voicemail on my phone. It will only switch to voicemail when it is unanswered for, in my case, 30 seconds.

It will not switch to voicemail when the phone is switched off, when the phone is ON but in flight mode or when the phone is being used by me in another call (i.e. engaged).

I'm having discussions as to why this is with CS. I had suggested that there was some kind of incompatability between my current SIM and the PN system and could PN not issue another SIM and have my current number ported to that new SIM as a fix. I was told not possible to do this at all due to the design of the LifeMobile system which PN inherited.

However I've seen in other posts just now that exactly that solution is being offered Staff Member adamwalker for

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/SIM-left-in-caravan/m-p/1735744#M17394

So can adamwalker, or other PN staff members, please confirm that this is definitely an available option? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Porting PN current number to a newly issued PN SIM

There was a similar problem with voicemail late last year https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/plusnet-mobile-voicemail-issue/td-p/1690144 .

I thought it had been fixed...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jacksoag

Thanks, previous issues may have been fixed but mine are current and in need of fixing - and part of the fix may be new SIM with my current mobile number.

Awaiting any PN staff response...........

Jacksoag

Fix

This issue has now been resolved. Big thank you to "Gandalf" for his input. New SIM with my current number received very quickly, ICCID/SIM updated on PN system, SIM swapped in and hey presto - all voicemail options available!