cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Nightmare

FIXED
CGeddes

Porting Nightmare

What a disaster with porting my old number. My port should have taken place on 6/12/18 it's now 14/12/18 and still my number hasn't ported. Having read the numerous comments on here of people who have had the same problem I don't know how Plusnet are allowed to advertise their deals and state that it will take one working day to port your old number it's an outright lie!!! After several phone calls to customer services and various excuses still no one can offer a valid explanation or resolve my issue. It's absolutely unacceptable.
6 REPLIES 6
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Porting Nightmare

Fix

Hi @CGeddes and welcome to the forums!

Please accept my apologies for the delay in porting your number. So that we can investigate and provide you with an explanation of the delay, could you send the below details to me via private message.

- Your full name
- Full address including postcode
- Mobile account number

Once you have provided this information, we will be back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
CGeddes

Thanks Jubby, you're a star 🌟 I now have my old number back. Hooray!!
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

No problem @CGeddes,

Happy to hear that the issue is now resolved, feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
costas4bulbidi
Dabbler

Hi,

While I am glad that this customer's issue has been resolved so quickly, I do wonder why I am still waiting after weeks of trying to sort porting issues that I reported ages ago and each time being asked to wait for 5 business days for someone to look at it.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Cannot-receive-calls-after-porting-2-weeks-ago/td-p/1594622

@Jubby, could I ask for your assistance as well please? I would be really grateful. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @costas4bulbidi,

Thanks for getting in touch, I have now picked this issue up with you and awaiting a PM with the information needed to escalate this further.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@SammyM wrote:

Hello @costas4bulbidi,

I have now picked this issue up with you and awaiting a PM with the information needed to escalate this further.

The same @SammyM who responded to @costas4bulbidi on precisely this issue last Tuesday in @costas4bulbidi thread on porting issues?

Surely @SammyM you are NOT waiting for 3 fresh examples for the third or is it fourth (or is it more) of @costas4bulbidi sim still not working over the last month since HIS number was ported in by PN?

A month with repeated failures to resolve a port issue, despite numerous telephone and online staff (including yourself a week ago) seemingly failing to address the issue in any way ...

I assume the 'escalate' is to your CEO before it becomes a BBC news item, perhaps played out as one of the musical farces in watchdog?

:undecided:

@@@@costas4bulbidi

Remember even a new sim from PN doesn't mean it will work.

I had people on other services, including other EE MVNO's, unable to get through to me with a new number from PN when I first signed up - for well over a week. It started working just before I was going to port out with a pac.

PN seem to repeatedly issue sims that aren't properly set up to be called from outside PN/EE.

Probably the same dept/people/process as mess the ports up, although with new sims I think its just a matter of time before most will just start to work - luckily for most.

All this on top of regular system failures which simply aren't reported. PN service status 'nothing wrong - it must be you'.

People cant contact you and txts taking hours to get through - which you put down to being in a poor reception area, but it never happened on this scale and regularity with other services

Cheap services are only cheap if they work, let alone work reliably

Cheap + unreliable = VERY Poor value NOT good value.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots