cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting - Is it happening, or not!

kenja128

Porting - Is it happening, or not!

Hi, Just got new SIM today and, after checking it's working and setting up online account OK, I then wanted to go through porting my old mobile number to this new SIM, ie keeping my previous number.

Having got my PAC from previous mobile service provider, I then went through the porting process using Plusnet SMS process.

Thing is, I got as far as 'YES', confirming details of number and PAC and then no further replies from Plusnet! I would have thought a confirmation reply would have followed, saying something like...'Fine. Your number will be transferred within one working day'...or the like.

Please anyone in the know, do I just take it the porting process is taking place?

Screenshot of the thread today...

13 REPLIES 13
abdulbaasid

Re: Porting - Is it happening, or not!

hi, im experiencing exactly the same problem. i entered my pac code yestrday 8.11.17 at 3pm, i still dont have my old number again
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi @kenja128@abdulbaasid,

I am so sorry to hear that you both haven't received the confirmation that your port-in has started! You are right, the text to port service will usually send a confirmation text to advise on the completion timescale.

I will advise, that the general timescale is 2 working days for a port to complete, so if you only ported in on 08.11.17, this will be expected to complete by midnight tonight.

I can have a look into both your accounts to sort this for you, but will need to run through security to do so. I cannot do this via a public platform so would require you to send me a PM on here, or to get in touch via PM on Facebook or Twitter Smiley I will be out of the office until Monday morning, so will pick this up then. If this is a matter of urgency, please either PM @CharlieRobinson this evening, or @SarahStewart or @MichaelWilliams over the weekend Smiley

-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
fishyweb
Community Veteran

Seriously? Is this really still taking 2 days? OFCOM suggest this should be completed in max 1 working day - see https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

This was discussed at length in https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Ported-number-unavailable-for-2-days/m-p/1393187

I have a new SIM for my wife and was expecting to port her number soon so that she can start using it, but she may decide to stay with her current provider if she's going to lose service for 2 days! 

silverblack7777
Dabbler

Same problem got as far as YES with texts but no reply to say how long it would take.

This was my wifes number i have yet to do mine will wait to see how long this takes before trying mine.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Sorry to hear things aren't clear, silverblack7777.

You should certainly have received a confirmation text to let you know the porting request has been successful - please drop me a Private Message and I'll take a look into this and let you know the exact status of your port.

74674239MM

Same.

fishyweb
Community Veteran

Same for me - my wife agreed to port her number over to her new SIM.Got as far as replying YES to confirm number at 17:58 this evening, but have received no further reply. What so I need to do to get this port moving?

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @fishyweb 

thanks for getting in touch. 

Usually we would expect you'd get a confirmation text if the port was put through successfully. 

If you drop me a private message I can take a look into this for you. 

fishyweb
Community Veteran

I've spoken to CS, who confirmed that my port was NOT in progress. They've now taken the details verbally and instigated the process manually. The port is due to happen at some point on Tuesday.

Seems that the SMS port ordering system is broken. Beware!

74674239MM

Had to do the same went on live chat who confirmed it had not gone through and had to be done manually.

TEXT Porting does not work do not waste your time trying.

fishyweb
Community Veteran

About time PN acknowledged this and either fix it or replace with a viable alternative solution.
74674239MM

Have received the dreaded We have hit a snag TXT Crazy

5 days now trying to port over and my old number is switched off now.

silverblack7777
Dabbler

5 days for the port to kick in for me, my husband did his the other day and it's taken 30 hrs so not bad on his number.