cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Failure

Jonbur999

Porting Failure

Seems I am not alone in having porting issues.

Only just moved to Plusnet mobile, and can't wait to move away again, incompetent, zero communication and pointless customer services, plus security takes longer to go through than the inquiry.

Wrote the following two emails to the CEO, no response so far, seems he and his team are just as bad

Dear Mt Baker,

I switched to Plusnet for fibre from BT approximately ten months ago and have had no problems.

I therefore decided to switch my wife’s and my own mobile account from BT also.

Wishing to port current numbers, it appears my wife’s has been successful, but mine has not.

My old number has not ported and as you have presumably confirmed the port with BT my old sim does not work either, this has left me completely incommunicado voice wise, I do not even have voicemail.

Obviously, this is very inconvenient, but potentially has far more serious problems as many business contacts have this number or my 85 year old mother who lives alone was ill or needed me. I also have a vehicle being collected tomorrow, which may be in doubt if they cannot get in touch which will cost me a £100 abort charge.

Understandably, I was not best pleased but assumed a quick call to customer services and the tech team would resolve the issue, if only.

Having been on hold for five minutes, I had to go through initial name, address  questions etc, I was then asked for a my memorable place, having only just set up the account I could not remember, I did think at the time the questions are too random to be memorable. So I was asked when my DDM came out, being not a large amount I pay it no attention so had no idea. I was then asked for last digits of my bank account and sort code, which I did know and answered. Still not enough. By this time I am becoming increasingly frustrated as I do not wish to discuss my account, but simply to ask the technical team to look into the problem and resolve it. But at no point was I allowed to explain anything. I was then asked for two recently dialled numbers or texts, the sim was activated late yesterday so the only numbers I knew of were my original number and my wife’s, which I had to try and find in my phone.

I was told neither of these numbers were correct, which is incorrect as I had called them both five minutes before making the 500 call.

So I failed security without any one bothering to ask me what the problem was or attempting to help.

Eventually I insisted on being put through to a manager, I spoke to Melissa who was equally disinterested even when I said that I would be leaving Plusnet tomorrow.

So I now have a phone that does not work, the stress of the call and this email and the inconvenience of finding a new fibre and mobile supplier, as well as not knowing if Plusnet have lost my number forever.

In the immediate future I would obviously like my correct number [Removed] ported to my SIM and a release from my fibre contract.

One of the reasons I moved to Plusnet was customer satisfaction rating, but baaed on my recent experience I would adopt the often use phrase ‘I would give them minus one star if I could’.

Please respond via email, which in the circumstances you have little choice.

Regards

Jonathan Burge

Dear Mr Baker,

Further to my email yesterday, I have now checked all the details and have been able to get through security.

I note every time I call the message always says ‘we are experiencing an unusually high number of calls….’, whatever time I ring.

The upshot is that there was a problem with automatic porting and has to be manually ported by operations team.

Joe said this should only be a matter of days not weeks, very reassuring, when I asked if a ‘rush’ could be put on it he told me ‘no it will be whenever they get around to doing it’.

However, no one thought to email or text me this despite Plusnet supposedly being a communications company.

What a shambles you are.

Jonathan Burge

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Porting Failure

Hello there, 

I'm really disappointed to see this and I'd like to make sure we're doing all that we can do to get this resolved as urgently as possible. 

Just to set an expectation I will need to pass account security with you as such checks are in place to protect your account information, however there are alternate ways to do this and if you could please send me a private message with your postcode I'll be able to identify your account and get that under way. 

Just to let you know too I have asked the forum moderators to remove your phone number as it's been posted in a public forum. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonbur999

Hi Adam

I have PM'd you with my postcode, nothing to lose.

Forgot the number was on there, though as that number is dead much good it will do anybody.

Jon

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Jon, 

I've just replied to your message. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonbur999

Utterly useless.

Adam PM'd me and I had to go through the overly strict security.

He said on Weds he had seen the list of ports for that day, which shows how many issues they have, and I was on it for today.

So should be on in 24 hours.

It is not and I have sent two PM's without repley.

Never got a reply from CEOs office either.

Dreadful service.

Can't wait to leave.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Jon, 

I'm sorry I haven't replied to your PM yet but we'll always do that as soon as we can. 

I'll speak with our mobile operations team shortly and get back to you within the next couple of hours. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm just letting you know that we've formally received, acknowledged and processed your high level complaint and you should have some emails from me to summarise the situation and set out the next steps. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
David24
Dabbler

Just seen your post, I have exactly the same issue and we’re definitely not alone. I too wrote wrote to Baker but as the letter went out yesterday its too early to know whether a reply will be forthcoming. All I want is my number back so I can move. There are lots of postings on other sites about Plusnets porting problems.