cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number now can't receive incoming calls and deal with cowboy customer service

Sh007fun

Ported number now can't receive incoming calls and deal with cowboy customer service

Last week I ported my number from EE to Plusnet, what a BIG mistake I've made, for the past 3 days I can not receive incoming calls, called their cowboy customer service yesterday and been told I have to collect data for them to investigate. Called them back today with the data, another cowboy agent asked have I tried the new SIM card from them, which they will send to me to TRY first before they can log the case to investigate this matter. I said to her the previous cowboy from yesterday never mentioned about to try the new SIM card, and now I need to wait for you guys to send me the new SIM card to TRY. I'm certainly sure the new SIM card is not going to fix the problem, they have to contact EE directly to resolve this problem. 

How on on earth can they advertise themself as good customer service, just a bunch of untrained Cowboys. If they cannot fix this problem in the next 7 days, I'm going to cancel the phone service and make a formal complaint to them. I will tell all my friends to avoid Plusnet for all their available services at all costs.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ported number now can't receive incoming calls and deal with cowboy customer service

Hi @Sh007fun

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing some issues with our services since porting your number over. When a customer ports over to us we aim to have this process completed within 24 hours, however it would seem in your situation there has been an issue which has caused you to be without your services.

When you contacted us about this, the first step should have been to run through trouble shooting, and then we’d take 3 examples from you so we could have the matter investigated. In some cases we will send out a SIM before the 3 examples if we believe the error could be fixed this way.

I can assure you we do strive to provide our customers with excellent service, and make sure they all receive the correct advice when contacting us.

If you’d like to discuss this further please send me a Private Message, and we can discuss things there.

Sh007fun

Re: Ported number now can't receive incoming calls and deal with cowboy customer service

Hi Emily,

The most disappointed experience was your telelphone agents doesn't know what they are doing, one agent said this and the other agent said different. Do you understand that you are wasting the customer's time, for the past 5 days I am not receiving incoming calls from anyone, do you think this is my problem or your problem. If your company is not capable of porting number over from other provider, then you should have told us in the first place and when I made the first contact to your company, you should try to resolve it straight away and not telling me different stories from different agents. I am still waiting for the new sim card from your company to TRY, as I mentioned before if this problem is not resolved by next week, I will cancel the service and ask for refunds and I will never come back to you guys, also to make a formal complaints on this.

Steven

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

If the information you were provided was incorrect I can only apologise for this, and assure we’re always working to improve the knowledge all our agents have to make sure all the advice is correct. The reason you may have been sent a SIM is because the agent you spoke to thought this was the best option at the time, however for me to have a better idea of the matter I would need to see your account.

If you’d like me to look into this further for you, please send me a Private Message.

andycass
Dabbler

It took this company 9 days to port my number (so not their useual high service as is claimed) now i have no data connection something that worked fine before the number port. Dealing with this company really is hard work i can't wait to leave. I have already talked 2 people out of changing to their mobile service and will warn anyone in future not to go anywhere near them.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a private message and I'll do my best to help!

- Rebeka Smiley
Jomary
Hooked

I ported over from EE and have never had data connection work. I had three and a half weeks of being told that my PDP authentication error was a problem with my Iphone 6. I gave up and left. Same phone works perfectly with different provider when ported across. See my post Porting Disaster.  Operations staff seem to have lost the plot.