Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported no data. Sound familiar?

FIXED
Davesona
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Ported no data. Sound familiar?

Like many others here ported successfully but now no data (iPhone 5SE). Web chat states 'we know, you have to wait until it's fixed meanwhile take SIM out restart etc etc. See what that does.' It does nothing. It's not the worst thing that could happen to me so must keep a sense of perspective. Plus Net we know you know about the problem. A fix would be good - and a refund for the lost days. 

13 REPLIES 13
epicmcd
Dabbler

Re: Ported no data. Sound familiar?

Bought 3 sims, one of them has this problem after porting... 

Davesona
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

In fairness to Plus Net data started after about 36 hours following the port. The port itself went smoothly, I followed the text process and it was completed in 1.5 days. 

Contacting support was, frankly, pointless. I couldn't get through on the phone despite a 30 minute wait at 2130 and the web chat was of no value. Here's a sentence of praise I thought I'd never write -  at least you could get through to someone at Virgin and talk through the problem.   

epicmcd
Dabbler

My third SIM card data came online today, got an email last night saying 

Brilliant news, your mobile number port will be complete very soon.

While this is happening you might have a short period of disruption to your service - we suggest turning your phone off and on again every so often to make sure the changes take effect.

To check that the number has transferred, simply make a test call from the phone and check that the right number is displayed on the receiving phone.

That's 6 days after the number was actually ported!

6 days without data.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

Our network team have identified an issue with regards to mobile data. They are working on a fix at the moment for existing customers, however if you are a new customer, a fix was put in place last night. We should have further information about this later today. 

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

buzz
Hooked

I am also having the same problem now. The number port took an extra day to start and now when I call other numbers it shows as the ported number, but if friends try and call me it doesn't get through and mobile data has stopped working. Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @buzz,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your port; it certainly doesn't sound ideal! If you click on my profile and send me a private message, I'll be happy to look into this further and help in any way I can. -Ashleigh

mungojam

Hi Ashleigh, I am having similar issues though calls work both ways. The number port completed on Wednesday (a day late) and ever since I have no data. I have checked my APN settings, tried multiple reboots and called support but they want me to record instances of it on Sunday when I will be in a low reception area. It seems likely that the issue is with plusnet given what happened to many people in January.

buzz
Hooked

Hi Mungojam, that is interesting my port also completed on Wednesday - a day late, and no data since.

I phone support this morning and they are sending me out a new SIM, which I hope will arrive tomorrow and resolve the problem.

mungojam

I hope it does, though I guess you've seen all the instances in January here where a new sim didn't help. Fingers crossed though! Let us know how it works out.

buzz
Hooked

oh, no! I didn't see that. I would appreciate a link if you have one.

buzz
Hooked

Ok finally my data started working on Saturday morning. Smiley

It just spontaneously started working.

The second SIM card they mailed out also came, but I don't need it now.

The port process has been pretty painful. I started the port last saturday and it has taken a full 7 days to complete.

Including 3 days where porting number stopped on my old SIM, but didn't start on the new one so no one could reach me and then another 3 days without any data. Sad Sad

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@buzz Just for your information now you've got it sorted but none of the porting process happens on a weekend, only Monday to Friday. That's an industry wide standard, not just PN.

mungojam

@buzz exactly the same for me,started working Saturday morning.

And as you said, Wednesday was late because it is meant to be next business day which would have been Tuesday. I also lost txts in between it switching over.