Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port completed - no data

FIXED
Alan56
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Port completed - no data

Received my new Plusnet sims (2) last Thursday, obtained PAC numbers from Tesco Mobile and passed to Plusnet same day.  Advised 2 working days for port and true to their word the Tesco service cut off around 10:30am Monday and the numbers ported over a couple of hours later but we have had no data connection on either phone since.  I understand that data connection can take a little longer to resolve itself after porting, but it has now been well over 24 hours since the port completed so I don't think it is going to resolve itself.  We have one iPhone which is showing 3G connectivity (so the APN is correct) but there is no actual data connection.  My Sony Android phone shows no data connection and I have checked the APN is correct plus carried out all the other suggestions I have seen in other posts.

Can someone from Plusnet support advise me what needs to be done and how long we are likely to be without data.  If I don't have data by the weekend then I will be cancelling my contracts and going elsewhere

5 REPLIES 5
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Port completed - no data

Hi Alan56,

At the moment, we are aware of a data issue and it has been raised with our Network Team. They have already put a fix in place last night for new customers and are working on a fix for existing customers. We should have an update on this later today.

You can try giving your phone a re-boot.

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

This refreshes the signal to the SIM card.

- Rebeka 

Alan56
Dabbler

Hi @RebekaPreston  I have just tried that but it makes no difference, still no data connection on either the android or the iphone.  As we are new customers it looks like the fix last night has not worked for us  

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Alan56,

If your account is already live then you are an existing customer. The fix that was put in place was for SIM cards/accounts that are due to become live from midnight last night onwards.

Hope this helps.

- Rebeka 

Alan56
Dabbler

Hi @RebekaPreston

Thanks, I will await the update on the fix for existing customers later today

Alan56
Dabbler