cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Requested 21/12/2016, As Of 9/1/2017 Still Not Complete

CliveArnold
Hooked

Port Requested 21/12/2016, As Of 9/1/2017 Still Not Complete

As others are experiancing similar issues I thought I'd post my number porting misery here as well (which I'll also add to Trustpilot once the port has completed).

I've had a number with Life Mobile since June 2016, for my eldest son, and everything worked perfectly, and in late 2016 I thought I'd move my wife's number over to them as well. So since early December I've had the SIM / account ready, I waited until the BT Group / EE moved Life Mobile to the Plusnet brand, and I obtained my PAC code on 21/12/2016 and gave it to Plusnet immediately to initiate the port.

From there things began to go wrong, with the port being refused (via e-mail) and myself spending the next few days before the Christmas weekend speaking to both the old mobile provider (The People's Operator (aka 'TPO'), still on an EE number) and Plusnet. TPO assured me that the PAC code was 100% legitimate but Plusnet questioned its validity, then Plusnet told me on the phone that going by the first few characters of the PAC code it was a 'tricky' one.

I left it on Friday 23/12/016 with having been told that an e-mail had been sent to the 'engineering team' and it will take a few days to complete, with it possibly even going live on Boxing Day as some employees are working that day.

I called again the following week, somewhere around the 28th, to be told that the port was still with 'engineering' and that no one would have been in on Boxing Day.

I called again on Saturday 31/12/2016 to be told that an e-mail had just been sent to 'engineering (again ?) and that they can take up to 5 working to complete a port.

Getting some time to call them back again on Saturday 7/1/2017 the customer service operative was, sorry to be blunt, clueless. When I posed them a difficult question they hesitated and gave vague answers, and twice I asked to speak to a manager / supervisor stating I was happy to go on hold but no one would take my call. Later that day though a manager did call me back (and stated they would personaly handle the port) and complaining on Twitter got a response, however no one could confirm any date at all for when  the port would be complete.

Further tweets went back and forth today, Monday 9/1/2016, and a date for the port can still not be provided, which is surprising considering Ofcom's 'SCHEDULE TO THE NOTIFICATION UNDER SECTION 48(1) OF THE COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003, PART 1:, Section 18 ).

Never having been a Plusnet customer in the past I can only assume that the migration of services from being managed by Life Mobile and EE employees (which EE took over after their original owner Phones 4 U went into administration) has been very badly planned and managed.

I'll add an update when I'm FINALLY ported successfully so that others can see the full story. I'll leave others to make their own minds up as to whether or not Plusnet Mobile is a MVNO / mobile network they'd chose to use.

1 REPLY 1
CliveArnold
Hooked

Re: Port Requested 21/12/2016, As Of 9/1/2017 Still Not Complete

Yesterday afternoon, 10/1/2017, the current providers SIM went dead however Plusnet Mobile were still telling me that that they have no date for when the port will actually occur, but obviously something is happening.

I'll contact them this morning to see what the current port status is, and will be annoyed if they still provide no answers.

Personally the biggest problem for me during this sorry situation has been the lack of direct contact from Plusnet Mobile and generally poor customer service. Managers etc. within the business will 100% know of the problem their re-branding of Life Mobile is experiencing however no positive action appears to be occurring ?