Did you mean: 

Port Out / PUK issue

FIXED
colourqueen
Dabbler

Port Out / PUK issue

Hi can anyone help please.

Like many others, I am porting out.

However I have a problem with a sim card lock. It is slightly complicated by the fact I am trying to use 2 different phones too.

Both phones are unlocked to all networks.

I put the new sim (Lebara) in my old phone and have got a "SIM network PIN blocked Enter SIM Network PUK" error message..

Putting a Vodafone sim in the old phone gives the same error

I put the Lebara sim in the new phone and it worked fine.

The plusnet sim works fine in both phones.

I need the Lebara sim to work in my old phone.

I contacted Lebara and after trying several fixes they told me that it was Plusnet that needed to unlock it.as their sim had caused the lock to other networks. This seems to be the case as 2 different sims cause the same error.

I tried the puk on my Plusnet account and that did not work .I contacted Plusnet and they simply gave me the same puk as was on my account page.

Any ideas how to unlock my phone and what to ask Plusnet to do?

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Port Out / PUK issue

Fix

Sounds like your old phone is locked to the EE network. The Plusnet PUK code is to unlock the SIm NOT the phone.

Who supplied your old phone ?, it is them you need to contact to unlock it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colourqueen
Dabbler

Re: Port Out / PUK issue

Thanks so much for that. I was told the phone was unlocked when I bought it.

I have just gone onto the EE site and got the unlock code and now the Lebara sim is working in the old phone.

I owe you