cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor voicemail implementation.

TelcoGeek

Poor voicemail implementation.

Two observations on the voicemail offering which could do with improvement. 

1. With voicemail on, the greeting callers here by default invites them to press hash if they wish to re-record etc. However, once you press hash, you don't get such options.

2. With voicemail off, callers don't get the usual announcement asking to call later, the calls just fail with a beep / no announcement - very poor handling. 

8 REPLIES 8
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Poor voicemail implementation.

Hi TelcoGeek,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and providing us with the above information. We always aim to improve our service for our customers on a regular basis, so your feedback is valued and much appreciated.

I'll be sure to pass this on the relevant department to investigate further. 

In the meantime, if there is anything you need, feel free to get in touch and we'll do our best to help!

- Rebeka Smiley

RJM
Rising Star

@TelcoGeek

I have never used voice mail.

This is the reason I left Plusnet Mobile as if my phone was turned-off the caller would get no message but just the tone as if the number was no longer in use.

Totally unacceptable as every other carrier has some form of message.

RM1
Grafter

@RebekaPreston wrote:

I'll be sure to pass this on the relevant department to investigate further. 

@TelcoGeek there are no plans to change this AFAIK

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Voicemail-quot-OFF-quot/td-p/1403636

TelcoGeek

Yeah, it's a shame!

I'm currently looking for a deal to recommend to my mum, using an EE MVNO - I'm actively avoiding suggesting her move to Plusnet as it stands - it's ridiculous for callers to just be getting 'cut off' without an announcement when the phone is unavailable. That and the fact it's looking like the phone can only ring for a maximum of 30 seconds. It's poor! 

bin
Aspiring Pro

This is puzzling - I'm just in the process of dropping our PN calls package as we tend to use mobile all the time now - so this got me bit worried. Called my PN number from 3 - my PN phone switched off. Immediately went to nice lady on voice mail - much better than 3's VM which is a bit brusque.

With PN phone switched on it rang 7 times then went to the nice voicemail lady. Editing message worked as well - though syntax a little odd - "To record again your message"... but it works.

Most domestic phone answer machines cut in after 6 rings anyway.

TelcoGeek

If you want to have voicemail, then plusnet isn't too bad (just the minor error in the greeting asks the caller if they wish to rerecord they can press hash, but then they can't re-record!)

It's those users who don't want to have voicemail whereby the Plusnet service is quite unique, in a bad way!

bin
Aspiring Pro

Fair comment - if it's a question of how callers are greeted when the phone is off then surely a custom voicemail greeting spelling out your preferred needs/reaction/expectation for the caller would be better than nothing or a standard robot 'please call back later'?Huh

Not trying to wind you up here. I've looked at other EE MVNOs and also Vodafone and its MVNOs - we're in a Vodafone area here. In terms of mins & data /£ PN is good value - it's not perfect yet is all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did a test on my PN mobile ex Life

The answering service come on ok after ringing for approx. ten rings ( I previously asked the time before the answering service to be extended )

Switched the phone off the answering service came on straight away so mines working correctly.