cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor/non-existent mobile signal strength. What options do I have?

potatan
Dabbler

Poor/non-existent mobile signal strength. What options do I have?

Hi,

I switched to Plusnet before Christmas, but the signal in my home is very low, sometimes no bars, and bad lines on some phone calls.

I live in a reasonably densely-populated part of town and my house is a standard construction 3-bed semi.

A Vodafone SIM card gives me a full signal all over the house.

What options do I have other than switching to Vodafone (or one of their resellers)? When I was with BT mobile and the signal was poor, they supplied a pico-cell type device that delivered VOIP calls seamlessly, but I understand from reading these forums that Plusnet don't support these.

I wouldn't be too bothered but now I'll be WFH for the foreseeable future (and probably beyond) this is more important than it once was.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Poor/non-existent mobile signal strength. What options do I have?

I suspect you have answered your own question in para. 3.

Hopefully you are on a 30 day rolling plan?

I use both BT Mobile (EE) and a Vodafone MVNO. Similar situation to you. BT Mobile signal (at home) is very poor, but useable. Sometimes relies on wifi calling via router depening which way the wind is blowing! I don't think PN offer that? The Vodafone signal is v. good.

It all hinges on geographical location though. I find the opposite even a couple of miles from home.