cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor data throughput and reporting network issues

z80dan

Poor data throughput and reporting network issues

Our local train station seems to have a recurring issue with data speeds. I'm often standing on the platform waiting for a train so flick through the news or sites on my phone. Some days there is no response from any site despite a medium / full 4g signal. This morning I received a lot of HTTP 408 errors. Other days it'll work fine. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

I've reported the issue to EE a few times using their web-based error reporting page. Most recently this was on Tuesday. I got a message back this morning saying they couldn't find a problem but to call them on 150 if I am still having issues (which I guess I can't do as a PlusNet customer).

I guess this is either the local network being saturated or EE traffic is prioritised?

1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 30

Re: Poor data throughput and reporting network issues

Hi z80dan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm afraid we can't guarantee full signal as it can be affected by many different factors such as, the density of building materials, tree cover, weather conditions and how many people are using the network.

You can however, try re-booting your handset by turning it off and removing the SIM card entirely for a couple of minutes, replacing it and then manually searching for a network once switched back on. 

- Rebeka 

Rebeka Preston
 Plusnet Help Team